A Red Orchid Theatre (AROT) is an ensemble of artists dedicated to the proliferation of live theatre in the modern world. We believe that theatre is the greatest sustenance for the human spirit and approach our work with a palpable sense of social compassion, aesthetic rigor, and honesty. By presenting new plays from all over the world and by reviving insightful works from the past that bear new relevance today, we aim to seek out and build new audiences for the modern stage.
A Red Orchid is seeking two (2) box officers and two (2) vaccination checkers to assist with our box office for the upcoming 2022-23 season. This position reports to the Audience Service Manager and will be responsible for coordinating ticketing the front of house experience for the upcoming season. Shows run Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Front-of-House Box Officer:
Hours are 5:30-9:30 pm for evening performances, 1-4 pm for matinee performances. Shift duties include:
- Answering and returning patron phone calls
- Cleaning and lobby prep
- Training Saints volunteers on their responsibilities
- Checking patrons in as they enter for the show & selling walk up tickets
- Making a short welcoming speech at start of the show
- Remaining present & in contact with stage management through run of show
- Assisting patrons as they exit show
Proof of Vaccination Checkers/Lobby Prep Staff:
Hours are 6-7:45 pm for evening performances, 1:30-3:15 pm for Sat/Sun matinees. Duties include:
- Cleaning & prepping lobby for audience
- Checking vaccination cards at the door as audience walks in
Successful candidates will:
- Be positive-minded, team-oriented, diligent, organized, timely and detail driven
- Embrace and admire theatre and the arts’ capacity for inspiration and positive change
- Remain committed to the values and mission of our organization
- Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office and data management systems
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Have some prior customer service or box office experience
- Have evening & weekend availability
We highly value teamwork, real-time communication and collaboration. We are looking for someone to grow with us in a fun, engaging, and highly creative environment.
A Red Orchid Theatre is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
A Red Orchid Theatre defines equity, diversity, and inclusion as reaching beyond ourselves to create art that reflects society. As a company committed to honoring the human spirit, we feel it is crucial to practice what we preach about social compassion and honesty. We are committed to examining ourselves, our culture, and our policies and making anti-racism a central, core value.
Additionally, A Red Orchid Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AROT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
These are part-time positions that pay $14.50/hour.
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com with subject line: Front of House staff.
· Resume & Cover Letter
· 3 professional references with email and phone contact information
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org