Website Academic Approach
Tests are standardized. Students are not.
The Position: ACT/SAT Tutor & School Programs Teacher (Part-Time)
Academic Approach began with a focused mission: to mentor students while building their key academic skills. Join our team of dedicated educators to deliver rewarding, highly personalized, high-impact 1-on-1 and classroom course instruction.
While many of our 1-on-1 tutoring students and school partners prefer to work virtually, priority will be given to candidates who are willing to tutor in-person at our Lincoln Park and/or Winnetka offices and/or teach in-person on the campuses of our partner schools . Academic Approach requires proof of vaccination from all employees who work in-person with our students, partners, and/or other employees.
Academic Approach is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status. Applicants of diverse backgrounds, skillsets, and experiences are especially encouraged to apply.
Paid trainings will be run periodically from September, 2022-January, 2023
NOTE: Please also note that–due to the nature of this tutor/instructor position–all candidates will need to complete a content quiz that includes English and math questions prior to being considered for an interview. This (untimed) quiz should take approximately 45 mins to complete.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay, starting at $30/hr for 1-on-1 tutoring and $47/hr for classroom teaching with potential for increases based on performance. Compensation for tutoring at our Winnetka office starts at $45/hour.
- Each of our tutors receives a One Medical membership that covers themselves, their spouses/domestic partners, and their dependents.
- Flexibility in building your schedule while supporting the needs of our students.
- Paid training.
- Personalized coaching and development, support, and continuing education from our Instructional Management Team.
- Exceptional proprietary curriculum and instructional materials.
- Travel compensation for school programs that require a commute of at least 30 minutes and 15 miles.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive culture focused on best supporting students, clients, full-time and part-time staff.
- Deliver engaging specialized academic and test-prep instruction to high school (and some middle school) students across the Chicagoland area.
- Build relationships in a supportive and professional manner.
- Maintain an accurate calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
- Respond to administrators, students, and parents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate classroom management skills and professionalism in both remote and in-person settings.
- Attend required training and professional development events.
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject or major.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and educational equity.
- Passion for supporting student success.
- Ability to demonstrate academic expertise in English, math, reading, and science.
- Access to a computer with a webcam, mic, and a reliable internet connection (with at least 100 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload speed) for virtual instruction.
- Consistent availability of at least 10 hours per week.
- All of our Tutors/Teachers must teach all subjects on the ACT.
Please apply at the link below. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit academicapproach.applytojob.com.