The Production Manager facilitates and oversees all aspects of Artemisia’s live productions, and serves as the main liaison between Artemisia’s staff and leadership and the venues used for rehearsal and performance. They are responsible to oversee all production budgets as set by Artemisia’s staff and leadership and to work with the Producer to develop and communicate necessary schedules. The production manager ensures that production costs are within budget, hires and schedules crew members, and resolves any issues that threaten to prevent the production from occurring.
Primary Duties [Budget Management (45%)/Scheduling & Communication (45%)/Other (10%)]
- Scheduling builds, load-ins and load outs, tech and dress rehearsals.
- Supervising all technical staff and crew on every production.
- Managing building use to ensure Artemisia meets all demands of its contracts with venues.
- Supervising and scheduling production meetings so the physical execution and implementation of the directors and designers’ visions are clearly communicated in a timely manner
- Meeting the production budget and all production deadlines, to ensure a successful opening and run of Artemisia’s productions.
- Knowledge of technical equipment and troubleshooting
- Engineering (not necessary, but welcome)
- Calm under extreme time pressure
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- Prior technical theatre background with some experience in a supervisory position
- Outstanding work ethic and a composed, cool demeanor adapting to evolving conditions
- Proven understanding of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility, and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across differences
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community
- Attention to detail and rigor to maintain accurate budgets and other production documentation
- Familiarity with scenic drafting and building techniques; technical direction experience is a plus
Term: 2024 Season
Status: Part-time/Contract (1099)
If interested, please send a resume/CV and two references to Lead Producer, Willow James at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com