Website Auditorium Theatre
Theatre for The People
The Custodian Manager is responsible for overseeing all custodial operations for a large Theatre environment. This role will ensure a high caliber guest experience for all Theatre guests. The Custodial Manager is responsible for the hands-on implementation of the cleaning program to ensure a safe and sanitary environment. This individual interacts with the Operations team members and outside vendors, and helps to support the Auditorium Theatre’s mission, commitment, and vision. This is a full time, salaried position with an exceptional benefits package. Qualified candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including night, weekend, and Holiday shifts for performance coverage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Deliver the highest caliber of guest services during all events and functions within the Theatre
· Be present for all Theatre events to ensure proper event prep, consistent staff performance, and efficient guest service orientated operations
· Perform maintenance and event setup in collaboration with other management teams and the custodial crew
· Maintain an environment that is sanitary, attractive, and orderly
· Scout staff to ensure appropriate staffing pool. Manage new employee hiring and orientation, training and guidance of custodial staff; corrective action as necessary. Assign and prioritize tasks and work requests, including VIP functions.
· Provide pertinent event information to custodial staff for events and functions during pre-event meetings and/or electronically
· Maintain, source and procure cleaning supplies, consumable products and equipment inventories; identify the opportunity to employ green cleaning products and practices, create, maintain, and comply with Safety Data Sheets for all products used by the custodial crew
· Respond to escalated custodial concerns in a timely manner
· Coordinate outsourced specialty cleaning service providers
· Perform quality assurance inspections and audits; report building hazards and need for repairs to the facilities management team; meet performance plans; assist the facilities team with projects and resolution of building issues as needed; ensure all projects, maintenance or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
· Develop and implement new creative concepts in operations, policies and procedures
· Create, update, and maintain all Custodial operation manuals and SOPs
· Play an active role and direct staff under the emergency response plan
· Manage Department operating budget
· Collaborate with the Operations Team on a consistent basis
· Facilitate accurate payroll processing for staff and timely resolution of related issues
· Work with General Manager regarding employee matters and resolutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Knowledge and experience with commercial cleaning and sanitizing practices within a large Theatre environment
· Experience supervising, mentoring, motivating, and managing a large diverse PT staff
· Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours and Holidays
· Capable of performing physical labor, maneuvering 50 lbs., negotiating ladders, working from heights of up to 30 feet, and working from unusual angles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Solid organizational skills
· Highly computer literate
· Independent problem solving and multitasking skills in a fast-paced, high energy, artistic environment
· Strong spirit of optimism and collaboration
· Active commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA)
All candidates must complete an application through Roosevelt University – Roosevelt University Employ-ment Opportunities | Custodial Manager, Auditorium Theatre
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gen-der identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role is an on-site role. Roosevelt University requires all new hires to be compliant with our COVID-19 vac-cination policy, found at the COVID-19 website here. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated or have a legitimate religious or medical exemption at the time of hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.roosevelt.edu.