Website Auditorium Theatre
Theatre for The People
The Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting with event production, operational needs, and the distribution of information for performances and events at the Auditorium Theatre. As part of the Operations team, they will work closely with the Production Manager and GM to help with show budgets, contracts, payroll, production estimates, settlements, client relations, maintenance of the building, and assist in supervision of employees within the operations department. The Coordinator role will support the Production Manager and the GM on technical matters, efficiencies that may be realized, safety, and union labor rules. The Production Coordinator will ensure a high level of client satisfaction of those renting and holding productions in the Auditorium Theatre.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the execution of production advances, labor calls, technical riders, and secure rental equipment and production services.
· Assist the GM in the creation and ongoing management of production budgets and estimates and help in the preparation of final settlement documents
· Assist with special events held in the Auditorium facilities to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
· Coordinate timings and services with the GM, PM, and Front of House Manager.
· Serve as an additional operations point of contact for clients and production personnel on show-related matters.
· Assist with client walkthroughs.
· Participate in the maintenance, preparation and improvement of production facilities for daily operations as well as specific production requirements.
· Coordinate with GM to ensure the building is operating safely and efficiently.
· Communicate with operations and janitorial departments to ensure all production facilities remain clean and maintained.
· Review and submit department payroll, payables, and assist with other administrative tasks.
· Plan and participate in minor set construction, lighting focus, running sound, and/or lighting in the Katten/Landau Studio.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Diverse knowledge in technical theatre practices including but not limited to general theatre lighting, audio, carpentry, and stage management.
· Highly computer literate, with an understanding of CAD
· Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekend, and Holiday hours
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Solid organizational skills
· Independent problem solving and multitasking skills in a fast-paced, high energy, artistic environment
· Strong spirit of optimism and collaboration.
· Active commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA)
All candidates must complete an application through Roosevelt University – Roosevelt University Em-ployment Opportunities | Production Coordinator, Auditorium Theatre
The Auditorium Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive considera-tion for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role is an on-site role. Roosevelt University requires all new hires to be compliant with our COVID-19 vaccination policy, found at the COVID-19 website here. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated or have a legitimate religious or medical exemption at the time of hire.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.roosevelt.edu.