Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Banquet Set Up Crew. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
· making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
· introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
· and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will be…
· Able to take minimal directions to complete room set-up tear-down and other preparations.
· Able to handle fast paced environment.
· Professional while working with clients present.
· Available nights and weekends including early morning and late night hours
· Able to stand for long periods of time.
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
DEPARTMENT – Special Events Department
DIRECT REPORTING – This position reports to the Special Events Director
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Event Coordinators
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Part-time, hourly; hours vary and may include evenings and weekends and are event dependent.
COMPENSATION – Position is part-time, hourly.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
· Must ensure that all banquet and meeting rooms are properly set in a timely manner.
· Be able to follow layouts as prescribed on the event sheets and floor plans without guidance.
· Assist with resetting equipment while an event is occurring.
· Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion.
· Organize and clean banquet storage rooms and linen storage shelves.
· Assist in moving concessions product and bar equipment.
· Change the marquee.
· Launder, fold and place linens.
· Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
· Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
· Must possess good communication skills.
· Willing to work long shifts.
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Banquet Set Up Crew”
or mail/drop off to Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Jennifer Hahn), 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.