Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2021-2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
· making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
· introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
· and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Development
DIRECT REPORTING – Chief Development Officer
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Development Team, Paramount Leadership, Special Events
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Position is full-time, approximately 40 hours per week. May include some evening and weekend hours as required.
COMPENSATION – $40,000 – $45,000 annually
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – The Donor Relations and Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for working with the Development Department to help plan, coordinate, and increase fund development for the Aurora Civic Center Authority. The successful candidate will provide support on donor acknowledgment, special events and fundraising operations with a priority to nurture, strengthen and enhance long-term relationships with current and future donors. Additionally, this individual creates meaningful communications and opportunities to express Paramount’s gratitude to its constituents and demonstrate the impact of their philanthropy. The position requires a highly organized individual with excellent records management and customer service skills. This person reports to the CDO and is part of a growing development team that works closely with staff throughout the Aurora Civic Center Authority.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
Coordinate the donor relations and stewardship procedures, communications and events to showcase the impact and recognize annual, major gift, planned giving, and capital campaign contributions
Collaborate with other departments to create strategies for developing donor relations/stewardship standards across campus for the purpose of creating an energetic and enthusiastic culture of philanthropy
· Act as point person for planning and executing select donor relations’ events (including, but not limited to, Opening Nights, Tours, Receptions, SkyDeck); coordinating vendors, volunteers and staff
· Oversee and develop new ways of providing stewardship in addition to reporting, including special events or experiences, video stewardship, and social media to engage donors
· With Development Operations, regularly track donor benefits for donor recognition, signage, invitations, etc.
· Annually review existing donor recognition societies and associated events to maximize impact and effectiveness
· Design and implement regular donor survey techniques as well as programmatic implementations based on survey responses
Work closely across departments to ensure sponsorships are properly acknowledged and fulfilled in accordance with each donor/sponsor agreement
· Cultivate relationships with key donors and groups as well as potential donors through personal interactions
· Develop and foster growth of best practices in donor relations, stewardship and events via professional development and continuing education
Work with CDO and Development Staff to coordinate and handle requests as needed
· Meet and host donors while they are attending shows at Paramount Theatre and RiverEdge Park
· Play a vital role in overall fundraising efforts
· Support Development Department staff as needed
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
· Prior non-profit experience in a development role; preferably in a multi-faceted arts organization
· Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, and all constituencies
· Excellent computer skills; proficiency with donor database software platforms (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Audience View, Bloomerang)
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized. Comfortable with hosting events, initiating contact with current donors, and is friendly and outgoing
· Experience with event management and logistics
· Strong data analysis, organizational, communication, administrative, and computer skills
· Professional attitude; team player; able to collaborate to set and meet team goals and deadlines
· Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
· Ability to collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization and external partners
· Willingness and ability to travel
· Supportive of the mission of Aurora Civic Center Authority
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine. Additionally, Covid-19 boosters are required for eligible employees.
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application. Please note that a cover letter must accompany the resume for consideration. Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Patty Stefanski, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.