Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a BAR-BACK. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Patron Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – RiverEdge Park Bartenders
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally, 10-20 hours per week, varying and dependent on event schedule. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $8.50 per hour + tips
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Support staff for multiple outdoor beverage service locations
· Maintain proper temperature and distribution of all draft beer at RiverEdge Park
· Stock all beverage stations with ice and product as needed
· Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of and adhere to the Aurora Civic Center Authority Guidelines and Regulations
· Ability to advise on and coordinate the delivery of all beverage service needs
· Successfully manage pre-event beverage station preparation timeline
· Successfully manage post-event beverage station breakdown and load out
· Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Positive attitude and the ability to work well alone and in a team environment
· Handle high stress outdoor environment during the summer months
· Be proactive in maintaining high level of beverage service
· Work in a fast-paced environment in conditions such as loud noise and low lighting
· Available for inconsistent and late-night hours, including weekends
· Able to maneuver 160 lb kegs safely and efficiently
· Prolonged standing, lifting, stopping, bending and twisting for extended periods of time
· Previous hospitality & beverage service experience preferred
· Be on your feet for several hours
· Be able to work outside in all varieties of weather including high temperatures, humidity and rain
· Must be at least 21 years old
Please apply online at the link below.
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.