Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago). ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Patron Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Management, Greeters & Security
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally 10-15 hours per week varying dependent on event schedule. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $16 per hour
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Greet, advise and direct RiverEdge Park patrons to the correct seating areas
· Perform entry gate personal item and bag checks
· Conduct alcohol I.D. verification and wrist banding
· Successfully control exit/re-entry lane with wrist banding and/or hand stamping
· Check tickets and provide general customer service within RiverEdge Park
· Must be aware of and follow the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities
· Be a kind and informative host to all guests
· Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules
· Guide guests to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
· Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of and adhere to the Paramount Theatre and RiverEdge Park Guidelines and Regulations
· Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Positive attitude and team player
· Be on feet for long periods of time in an outdoor setting in all varieties of weather
· Provide excellent communication with the patrons of RiverEdge Park
· Collaborate with security and local law enforcement to identify misconduct within RiverEdge Park
· Be aware and helpful to all other departments as needed
· Must be 18 years of age or older
Please apply online at the link below.
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHA) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.