Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago). ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING –Operational Cleaning Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Operations & Management
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally 10-15 hours per week varying dependent on event schedule. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $16 per hour
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons and event attendees
· Pick up litter and trash throughout the park
· Walkthrough inspection of the entire park to check cleanliness
· Set up and removal of garbage cans
· Ensure cleanliness of bathrooms
· Stock bathroom supplies as needed
· Remove garbage from all receptacles
· Sweep, clean, and mop floor surfaces
· Clean backstage areas, including dressing rooms
· Perform periodic and special cleaning as requested
· Respond to emergency requests as needed by your manager
· Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
· Be able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies
· Follow proper use of personal protective equipment to ensure staff and patron safety
· Adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations
· Report safety or security violations immediately to supervisor
· Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Ability to lift/carry 25+ pounds
· Ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays, including overnight hours
· Prolonged lifting, stopping, bending and twisting for extended periods of time
· Manual dexterity and strength to operate power-operated machines
· Stamina, good physical condition. Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
· Detail oriented and conscientiousness
· Self-motivated and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively
Please apply online at the link below.
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHA) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.