Website Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a SEATING GUIDE. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
DEPARTMENT – Patron Services
DIRECT REPORTING – Seating Guide Manager/Patron Services Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH –Management & Security
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally 10-15 hours per week varying dependent on event schedule. Weekends and evenings are required. Position is seasonal (June-September) with paid training.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $16 per hour
HIRE DATE: May 2023
· Greet, advise and escort RiverEdge Park patrons to the correct seating areas
· Provide assistance to guests with special needs, such as helping with seat accommodations
· Guide guests to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency
· May assist in verifying staff credentials to generally restricted areas
· Resolve guest complaints or problems, escalate to a supervisor as needed
· Ensure guests are safely enjoying the show
· Responsible for keeping aisles, stairs and seating section clear of safety hazards
· Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules
· Must be aware of and follow the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities
· Be a kind and informative host to all guests
· Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
· Positive attitude and team player
· Be on feet for long periods of time in an outdoor setting in all varieties of weather
· Provide excellent communication with the patrons of RiverEdge Park
· Collaborate with security and local law enforcement to identify misconduct within RiverEdge Park
· Be aware and helpful to all other departments as needed
· Must be 16 years of age or older
Please apply online at the link below.
Or mail/drop off to: Paramount Theatre, Attn: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.