Video Engineer (Part Time) provides regular show and rehearsal coverage on the Video Track as scheduled and may also be scheduled for work calls as needed. PT Video Engineer is responsible for maintaining and repairing all elements of the show under the Video Department’s jurisdiction during their scheduled shifts. Strong communication and video knowledge required. All crew positions work cross-departmentally and are not solely restricted to projects within their department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· Provide regular and consistent show coverage on the Video track. Minimum requirement is one show every other week; more availability on a regular basis is expected and may be required if the Video Supervisor is out sick, injured, or on vacation;
· Adhere to all Scheduling, Department, and Company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and as directed by the Video Supervisor. Communicate all scheduling requests and challenges in a timely manner;
· During the running of the show, perform all duties as outlined on the run sheets (including preset, circle meetings, show cues, turnover, and post-show) in a safe, professional, timely and efficient manner;
· Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise;
· Assist with the maintenance and repair of all technical elements of the show under the Video Department jurisdiction;
· Participate in work calls or department meetings as scheduled by the Video Supervisor.
· Execute general repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, and/or restock of supplies and equipment as needed;
· Incorporate any show changes as directed by BMP, Production and Stage Management;
· Maintain open communication with Production and Stage Management and department supervisors about any show notes, technical problems or concerns through written and verbal notes;
· Support systems for the maintenance, cleaning, and organization of workspaces;
· Participate in the maintenance of Blue Man Group’s health and safety culture;
· Adhere to safety rules and regulations for locality and Video Department;
· Communicate any Safety Concerns to the Department Supervisor in a timely manner;
· Execute duties for all local Blue Man events as scheduled. These events include (but are not limited to) rehearsals, press events, shows and outside gigs;
· Execute duties for all Training events as scheduled. These events include but are not limited to Prop Handling, Day Put Ins, and Finale rehearsals, and BM trainee trailing;
· All other work-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Extensive experience and knowledge of video systems and running shows is required, as well as technical run crew and some rigging;
· Experience with QLAB, Resolume and theatrical video programs preferred,
but not required;
· Organizational skills a must;
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
· Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and booster by date of hire to be considered for employment;
· Verification of the right to work in the United States for Blue Man Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization;
· Able to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law;
Blue Man Group is committed to promoting a collaborative, productive, and engaging workplace for all Company Members. Below are the key competencies required for this position:
Learning, Development & Adapting: Keeps up to date with technical base and knowledge specific to field. Evaluates experiences and learning from them; communicates insights so others can benefit. Remains productive during periods of ambiguity, uncertainty and change. Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with people in group and other parts of the organization. Contributes to an enthusiastic, positive work climate, energizing others.
Managing Work: Recognizes the broader implications of a project, doing all that should be done, not just as directed. Improves own efficiency and works to improve departmental efficiency.
Organizational Awareness: Understands informal structure of organization that includes key players, decision-influencers, etc.
Quality and Customer Focus: Continuously looks for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve better results.
Communication: Understands the uses of multiple channels of communication and their effectiveness. Gives specific and timely feedback to supervisor/manager and others to work together more effectively.
Safety: Contributes to and is responsible for a safe and professional environment.
Blue Man Group is an award-winning, global entertainment company that has performed in numerous countries and has been seen by more than 35 million people worldwide since 1991. A dynamic combination of music, comedy and technology, the show appeals to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds. It is continually refreshed with new music, new stories, new instruments and new technology. Blue Man Group has permanent theatrical productions in Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, New York and Berlin, and a World Tour.
We are committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
Apply at the link below
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.