The Chicago Humanities Festival Production Department seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual to serve as Production Assistant for our Spring 2023 Festival. Candidates should have some production experience and be eager to participate and support the inner workings of a festival producing over 50 public programs at venues all over the city of Chicago. This position requires a commitment of 20 hours a week for 2 to 4 months (with a mix of in office, event, and remote hours), starting in March 2023 and ending no sooner than mid/late-May 2023. Specifics of this position’s scheduling may be worked out between the Production Assistant and supervisor based on the candidates needs and availability.
Qualified candidates should have some previous production management, production, or special event experience and enjoy complex multi-layered projects. A firm understanding of the Google Workspace, Zoom, and PowerPoint as well as a basic understanding of Adobe is required. Ideal candidates must exemplify a close attention to detail and must exhibit a strong willingness to learn. Experience with Docusign, Asana, or other project management/database tools is a plus.
- Preparing supplementary material for seasonal staff members and volunteers (i.e. tech sheets, schedules, venue production boxes).
- Providing logistical support at fall Festival programs as well as year round events, including stage management, audio and visual support, and post event reconciliation.
- Attending site visits, collecting venue information and specs, and closely documenting information for internal use.
- Supporting the mapping of camera and audience services placements on venue floor plans.
- Requesting and tracking presenter media and working closely with the marketing and programming departments to integrate into CHF media presentations.
- Work closely with the production team to produce select CHF programs and events.
- Tracking information in CHF’s Asana workflow to ensure all details are handled during the Festival.
- Helping maintain the Festival archive database and transfer existing and new information.
- Quality assurance (formatting, grammatical errors, playback) for event powerpoints/presentation media.
- Assist Tech Coordinator with media preparation on playback devices
- Assist Tech Coordinator with packing equipment/materials for events/shows.
- Work closely with the Audience Services team to fulfill duties as required.
- Other departmental duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license, preferred
This is a temporary, part-time position paid at a rate of $18-$20/hour, depending on experience.
WORK LOCATION AND COVID-19 POLICIES
As part of our commitment to providing a healthy and safe workplace, CHF is requiring employees to provide proof that they are vaccinated against COVID-19 within the first week of employment. If a vaccination is not possible, a request for a medical or religious exemption can be made with Human Resources.
We work in a hybrid model with two days in our River North Chicago office and other days worked remotely.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY, AND INCLUSION (DEAI)
The Festival is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive workplace, where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and policies. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Email the following materials to Claire Haupt, Associate Director of Production at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Cover letter and/or Personal Statement (<500 words, please include why you feel you would be right for the position and how you feel this position would support your career goals)
Contact information for 2-3 professional references and/or letters of recommendation
We’ll continue to accept applications until the position is filled, but we ask that applications are submitted by Friday, February 10, 2023. The ideal start date for this position is Monday, March 20, but can be flexible for the candidate.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified via email.
To apply for this job please visit www.chicagohumanities.org.