Website Chicago Shakespeare Theater
The Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director and Executive Director provides comprehensive support to the artistic director and executive director which includes but is not limited to: managing both executive calendars, scheduling meetings and preparing materials for appointments, manage executive office budget and expense accounts, draft and/or proof executive communications including thank you notes, and routine correspondence. This role also provides support to the Board of Directors including coordinating all board committee meetings, event and travel accommodations, support and planning for Board agendas, scheduling meetings, and drafting documentation and communications.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity, as well as promoting a safe, supportive, and collaborative work environment. Visit our website to learn more about our IDEA to Action platform. www.chicagoshakes.com/ideatoaction
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Drives IDEA to Action platform by engaging in committees, events, training and other initiatives as needed.
- Models CST’s core values of service, ingenuity, and collaboration as well as its customer service ethos.
- Champions the organization’s commitment to a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace.
Provide comprehensive office support including but not limited to:
- Manage Artistic Director and Executive Director calendars including arranging and scheduling meetings, maintaining accurate calendars, confirming with external contacts, and ensuring preparatory materials are secured in advance as needed
- Arrange all travel, hotel and other accommodations for Artistic Director and Executive Director
- Keep Executive Director and Artistic Director abreast of critical company developments needed to perform their duties, including prioritizing conflicting needs and communicating sensitive concerns with tact and discretion.
- Serve as liaison with high level donor, Board and corporate contacts
- Represent Executive Director and Artistic Director with poise, patience, and diplomacy
- Create presentational materials and oversee tech support as needed
- Tracking and managing executive office expenses
- Routine clerical tasks such as copying, filing, and ordering office supplies for the Executive Offices
- Coordinate backstage and building tours and other insider activities as requested by the Artistic and Executive Directors
- Handle all mail, responding to routine inquiries and re-route to others as appropriate
Provide support for the Board of Directors and committees:
- Communicate and schedule Board and committee meetings; plan and coordinate with Executive Director to prepare all board materials and distribute in a timely manner;
- Attend Board and committee meetings, take minutes and arrange all logistics and hospitality for meetings
- Maintain and update Board records in Tessitura database
- Maintain Board materials archives and files
- Maintain and update Board of Directors handbook for annual distribution
- Arrange and coordinate new Board member orientations
- Coordinate with the Ticket Office to aid Board members with ticket and Development/Donor related needs
- Lead facilitation of most board related events
- Prepare reports, surveys, contact information, and other sensitive documents as requested
Other Duties as Assigned
- Service, ingenuity, and collaboration
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely good phone manner.
- Strong understanding of theatre/backstage decorum
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High level interpersonal skills, confidence, team player, enjoy a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Mature judgment, a flexible schedule, a professional demeanor, sense of humor and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with responsibility for multiple projects.
- Ability to work with multiple leaders with different priorities, expectations and outcomes.
- Poise, diplomacy, and tact under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Work hours are generally 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Some early mornings and evenings as needed
- Worksite is primarily at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL but will at times work in other locations such as the CST Warehouse, City Parks a other off-site performance venues.
- Some early mornings and evenings as needed
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of executive support experience required with heavy emphasis on written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and proof-reading skills and experience with Board management.
- Minimum of associates degree or at least two years of college/technical training.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Tessitura or CRM experience is a plus
- Proficient in Zoom
- Must be professional, personable and have a good command of the English language.
- Experience in the arts and/or a non-profit environment a plus.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which means 14 days has passed since obtaining 2 doses of a primary series with Pfizer, Moderna, or Novavax or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Proof of vaccination must be provided before beginning work with Chicago Shakespeare Theater or a request for a qualifying exemption must be submitted and approved prior to beginning work.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
CST is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all our hiring for staff and artists,. We are committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CST prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at the link below.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.