Website Chicago Shakespeare Theater
The Individual Giving Manager drives pipeline management, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for CST’s mid-level donors, including the The Bard Circle. This position serves as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio.
Cultivation and Pipeline Management:
- Collaborates with the Associate Director of Development to build and move the donor pipeline, with particular focus on Bard Circle (mid-level) donors giving between $1,000 and $9,999 annually.
- Implements a donor-centered moves management system to direct the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of key prospects.
- Screens and segments Annual Fund and Bard Circle donors for review with the Associate Director of Development.
- Qualifies identified prospects and Annual Fund donors for upgrade and acquisition potential, assessing their capacity and inclination to give.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Development, develops and executes a plan to cultivate the interests of donors.
- Cultivates prospects at CST events.
- Creates and maintains cultivation calendar.
- Develops and prepares reports designed to track pipeline progress.
Solicitations and Stewardship
- Solicits Bard Circle donations through multiple channels and drives efforts for other solicitors to secure gifts.
- Solicits and manages a portfolio of Bard Circle Donors in the $1,000-$4,999 range.
- Collaborates with Development team to renew and upgrade Bard Circle Donors, subscribers, and multi-ticket buyers.
- Customizes written appeals targeted to Bard Circle donors.
- Solicits a minimum of 25 upgraded gifts from Annual Fund donors per year.
- Develops and executes a thoughtful and strategic stewardship plan for Bard Circle members.
- Plans and executes a portfolio of events to engage current and prospective donors, including 4 to 5 in-person and virtual events related to donor benefit fulfillment annually.
- Collaborates with Events Director and other departments on event needs.
- Completes other duties as assigned and appropriate.
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with a track record of personally soliciting individual donors.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Tessitura or other donor database.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituents and across departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask as needed to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Founded in 1986, the Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s onstage work includes as many as twenty productions and 650 performances annually. A Regional Tony Award recipient, CST produces a bold and innovative year-round season—plays, musicals, world premieres, family productions, and theatrical presentations from around the globe—alongside nationally recognized education programming serving tens of thousands of students, teachers, and lifelong learners each year. As a nonprofit organization, the Theater works to embrace diversity, prioritize inclusion, provide equitable opportunities, and offer an accessible experience for all. On the Theater’s three stages at its home on Navy Pier, in classrooms and neighborhoods across the city, and in venues around the world, Chicago Shakespeare is a multifaceted cultural hub inviting audiences, artists, and community members to share powerful stories that connect and inspire.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, equity, and access, as well as promoting a safe and supportive work environment embodying the Theater’s core values of service, collaboration, and ingenuity.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.