Website Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
TITLE: Senior Accountant
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Maintain the integrity of the chart of accounts and general ledger. Prepare internal and external financial statements and other reports as required. Coordinate monthly and annual general ledger closings. Prepare and record monthly and final allocations and other recurring journal entries. Prepare the accounting and reporting for the pension plans and prepare other Form 5500s as needed. Prepare tax return schedules, surveys and grant applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements/audit reports and annual Forms 990, 990-T, AG990-IL and IL-990-T tax return schedules.
2. Prepare survey responses, including the Orchestra Statistical Report (OSR) major surveys and many smaller ones.
3. Prepare the Cultural Data Project (CDP), National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and other grant applications and related financial reporting.
4. Coordinate monthly and annual general ledger closings.
5. Perform all the accounting, prepare the annual financial statements, coordinate the annual audit, and prepare the Form 5500 schedules for all defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans.
6. Maintain general ledger and Management Reporter (MR) report tree structure.
7. Maintain the chart of accounts and backup Season at a Glance (SAAG) event identification report.
8. Prepare allocation unit account counts and allocation related MR reports. Prepare monthly and final allocations and other recurring journal entries.
9. Prepare quarterly interfund reconciliations and proposed fund transfers.
10. Maintain current accounting system reports, update and create new reports as needed.
11. Prepare Form 5500 schedules for group welfare benefit plan.
12. Other duties and special projects as required.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent experience) and three+ years of related experience. General experience in financial systems.
2. Data Processing/Information Systems training; proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics, and MR.
3. Understanding of audit procedures and audit controls.
4. Experience in bookkeeping and financial statement preparation.
1. Reports to Assistant Controller – Reporting & Systems
2. Maintain other relationships with auditors, consultants, other Finance Department personnel, and other departmental CSOA personnel.
Please send cover letter with salary expectation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com