Website Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association
TITLE: Patron Services Associate Reviewed: 5/2021
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
Sells tickets and services patrons’ requests, representing Symphony Center and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, as part of the CSOA’s Sales & Patron Experience Team. This role may be assigned to either the Patron Services (inbound) and/or the Preferred Services (outbound) division. This role is eligible for select commission and bonus incentives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sells tickets and assists patrons with service requests over the phone, on web chat, email and in-person.
2. Assists with all aspects of ticket order processing for subscriptions, single tickets and groups, including sales, invoices, exchanges, donations, and gift certificates.
3. Makes outbound sales if/when on assignment for the Preferred Services division, calling select lead groups, including current and potential subscribers, single ticket buyers, groups and VIP patrons.
4. Upsells and cross-sells products based on patron preferences (i.e. additional concerts, subscription packages, auxiliary events, contributions, dining and more); makes recommendations to increase revenue and retention.
5. Enters ticket and patron information accurately and efficiently.
6. Supports sales revenue goals and campaign initiatives.
7. Maintains the organization’s customer service standards and policies/procedures; and contributes to diverse, inclusive and empowering teamwork.
8. Maintains Tessitura/CRM database system standards for order entry and database hygiene.
9. Utilizes informational resources, such as the Daily Brief, programming updates, the organization’s website, and the Internet.
10. Arranges special assistance for select patrons, working closely with Front of House.
11. Provides support at concerts occasionally.
12. Assists with special projects such as outbound call campaigns, patron growth initiatives, mailings, and Tessitura/CRM ticketing setup.
13. Assists with general operations and additional tasks as needed.
CSOA is an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. We value diversity and inclusion and seek to build and maintain a community and culture that celebrates and values diverse backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We consider equivalent combinations of experience and education for jobs, and all candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
1. Reports directly to an assigned Patron Services Supervisor or Sales Manager, depending on division assignment (Patron Services or Preferred Services).
2. Also receives direction from other Patron Services Supervisors, the Patron Services Manager and the Preferred Services Manager.
3. Works in partnership with other Patron Services Associates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. At least two years of work experience in sales, customer service, and/or ticketing.
2. Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
3. Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
4. Knowledge/appreciation of classical and jazz music and experience in the performing arts field is preferred.
5. Experience using ticketing/database systems (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
6. Excitement for considering new ideas and pursuing a deeper understanding of unfamiliar insights.
Pleasant office environment. Collaborative, transparent, team-oriented work environment. Evenings and weekends may be required.
please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org