The Development Associate will assist leadership in all grant writing and fundraising programs to provide for the short- and long-term needs of the organization, and will be paid $19.25 per hour with an estimated 25 hours per week (but paid on actual hours worked).
Managing Director and Artistic Director
Collaboraction is a 26 year old non-profit arts organization located in Chicago that creates original theatre and digital media that inspire change around Chicago’s critical social issues. Examples of such work include Emmy-award winning The Lost Story of Emmett Till: Trial in the Delta, Moonset Sunrise, Crime Scene: a Chicago Anthology, A Blue Island In the Red Sea, The Light youth ensemble and the annual Peacebook Festival.
Development Associate Job Responsibilities
• Works with the Managing Director and Artistic Director to determine the mission, purpose, and priorities of the organization.
• Has full knowledge of annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
• Adheres to fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one year, five year, and longer-term goals.
• Maintains a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
• Produces relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution to previous donors and the public.
• Oversee, cultivate and grow the CollaborActvist Membership program.
• Researches potential sources of, and applies for, grants and public funding.
• Oversees the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and disbursements of funds.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that favor charitable giving.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
• At least three years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization is highly preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org