Celebrating over 20 years of Transformative Black Theatre
ABOUT CONGO SQUARE
Congo Square Theatre Company is an ensemble dedicated to producing transformative work rooted in the African Diaspora. We are a haven for artists of color to challenge and redefine the theatrical canon by amplifying and creating stories that reflect the reach and complexities of Black Culture.
The Executive Administrator + Board Liaison is responsible for providing administrative and communications support for the Executive Director, and working to advance strategic company goals, projects, and priorities. This position is responsible for managing the Executive Director’s calendar, coordinating correspondence, internal and external reporting, as well as planning, scheduling, and organizing tasks for the Office of the Executive Director. In addition, this position also provides general administrative support for HR, Events and office management and serves as administrative liaison to the members of the Board of Directors and is responsible for assisting with board meetings, events, and activities and other administrative duties to support the work of the Board.
Executive + Special Projects Administrator
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar, including the scheduling of meetings with staff, donors, community partners, and board members.
- Draft letters, emails, and other correspondence as requested for the Executive Director
- Supports the ED in organizing the company’s workflow and incoming requests
- Coordinates, schedules and documents staff meetings with clear and effective agendas and minutes
- Supports Executive Director in the maintenance of individual donor accounts, ensuring that all payment info is accurate and up-to-date
- Supports the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of and administration of the company
- Works with Executive Director, Artistic Director and staff members to create, manage, and maintain contracts for hired workers per project, support in the onboarding process ensuring proper onboarding and ensuring distribution of contracts to Accounting team and/or Paymaster to ensure payments
- Supports the execution and management of union contracts (AEA, SAG-AFTRA, etc.)
- Oversees and manages organization vendor accounts ensuring all accounts are up-to-date, in compliance, and corresponds with vendors as needed
- Manage travel arrangements for CST’s Leadership and incoming guests/talent as needed
- Communicates on behalf of the Executive Director with artists, donors, members and staff in a respectful and discreet manner (as needed and assigned)
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director’s office and internal departments, cultivating credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep her well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Working with Development support, coordinate the Executive Director’s fundraising appointments, follow up communications, and donor calls as requested.
- Draft and coordinate correspondence between the office of the Executive Director and donors as requested by the Executive Director and Development Support.
- Maintain and share accurate and up to date records of the Executive Director’s donor meetings, post-meeting notes, and other donor communications.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director to ensure updated donor contact information, name information, and other notes are entered into Neon.
- Manages a variety of special projects, with a keen attention to detail and a particular focus on meeting deadlines. Prioritizes conflicting needs, approaches matters proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all staff, ensemble and board members.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by Executive Director
- Serve as staff administrative liaison to members of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate with Board Chair, Committee Chairs, Executive Director, Artistic Director and other appropriate staff leadership to schedule Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Collaborate with the Board Chair and Executive Director to develop Board meeting and Executive committee meeting agendas as appropriate.
- Working with the Executive Director to collect and prepare timely and accurate reports for Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Execute the logistics of meetings of the Board and committees, including zoom set up, scheduling room reservations, set up, technology needs, etc.
- Take notes, draft minutes, and store documents as required for the Board of Directors and Executive, Governance, Finance, and Fundraising Committees.
- Working with the Executive Director and Governance/Nominating Committee Chair to coordinate the onboarding process for new board members
- Prepare annual Board Documents and Handbook and other communications with board members regarding board policies and information.
- Manage and execute monthly board updates and other board communications, with responsibility for content and strategy of those communications.
- Support the Board Chair through the management of the Board calendar, the scheduling of meetings with staff, donors, community partners, and board members, and providing administrative support for other board projects as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, bookings, etc. for schedule board meetings, retreats, or special event.
Congo Square Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. BIPOC individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Administrator + Board Liaison” in the subject line. Applicants will be contacted if additional information is required or an interview is requested. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com