League of Chicago Theatres
League of Chicago Theatres
17 N. Wabash, Suite #520
Chicago, IL 60602
Salary: $45,000-$55,000 a year-Full Time
Work Model: Hybrid, LOCT team is currently in office 3 days a week and remote 2 days a week.
This position does require offsite visits, in person meetings, attendance at events and off scheduled hours.
Direct Report: Executive Director
About the Organization: League of Chicago Theatres (LOCT) is a nonprofit organization whose mission
is to support, promote and advocate for Chicago’s theatre industry. Through our work, we ensure that
theatre continues to thrive in our city. We represent an alliance of over 200 theatres throughout the city of
Chicago providing professional development, fundraising and regranting, artistic programming, advocacy,
audience engagement and ticketing services.
Our membership encompasses a diverse list of companies including not-for-profit and commercial
operations, suburban and city-based, all-volunteer storefront operations and large regional theatres. This
diverse and supportive ecosystem is a strength of our community and encourages us as a service
organization to offer a wide variety programming to meet the varied needs of our member theatres.
About the Opportunity: LOCT is seeking a Chicago-based team member to join its team as a
Development Manager. Some of the role’s specific and essential tasks may include:
• Developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the financial viability of the organization
and secure funding for current and expanded programming
• Gathering & tracking the appropriate materials for grant applications and request for proposal
responses. Organizing the submission process for said applications and request for proposals.
• Write or edit a variety of complex documents, including Letters of Inquiry, grant proposals,
supporting materials, reports, and other correspondence.
• Steward prospects and funders through personal visits, phone contact, email, and by promoting
• Research private and public funding prospects.
• Maintain and update database of donor contacts, proposal requirements, and donor cultivation
and proposal submission processes.
• Create and send prompt follow-up acknowledgements. Work with Director of Operations to
streamline and update current donation processes.
• Support the Executive Director with scheduling, special projects, and other administrative tasks
• Assist with LOCT programming and events
• Project Manage the annual LOCT gala
• Performs other related work as needed
Experience & Knowledge
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 3+ years of work experience in
development, nonprofit management, donor or alumni relations, marketing, public relations, or similar
professional work experience. Familiarity with funders and Chicago theatre landscape required.
Candidates should have demonstrated ability of:
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Strong verbal communications skills.
• Commitment to social justice and racial equity.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners.
• Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development as well as team and selfevaluation.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Communicate effectively in person and in writing with colleagues and external partners
representing a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds (e.g., financial, legal, regulatory,
design/construction, and property residents);
• Manage and effectively prioritize simultaneous and competing activities and demands;
• Effectively track data in excel or other online platforms;
• Remain organized, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines
• Take initiative and exemplify motivation to work towards LOCT’s prescribed mission.
• Knowledge of Salesforce a plus, but not required.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision life
and disability insurances, paid time off and 403b retirement fund.
Applicants must include:
• Resume (required)
• Cover Letter (required)
• Three references (required)
• Writing Sample: grant writing, prospect inquiry, or annual report
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Benefits Eligible: Yes
• Requires Compliance with LOCT Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
LOCT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process
should call 312-554-9804 or submit a request via email@example.com. All offers of
employment are contingent upon a background check.
LOCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com