Website Drury Lane Theatre
Position Purpose and Objectives
The Co-House Managers work together and separately to ensure for the smooth operation of the Theatre House (typically both the lobby and audience seating area) during the run of each performance. This position is responsible for upholding the high customer service standards expected by all Drury Lane Employees. Key duties include, but are not limited to: recruiting/hiring/training of all ushers; coordinating with the key Drury Lane front facing staff to assure timely seating of patrons; maintaining and managing playbills, playbill stuffers, and poster signage; usher scheduling and payroll.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Hire, train and manage usher team.
· Supervise Ushers and theatre for the duration of each show/shift.
· Create, maintain and communicate usher work schedules.
· Approve and submit payroll weekly.
· Communicate with the Stage Management team regarding playbill stuffers and poster signage.
· Coordinate with the Director of Operations, Stage Manager, Box Office Manager, and Restaurant Managers to assure timely seating of patrons.
· Encourage effective time management with the Ushers and patrons to ensure the shows start on time; flash lobby lights as needed.
· Communicate with Usher and Stage Management teams via radio during shows.
· Maintain a comfortable theatre space; adjust thermostats and fans as needed.
· Ensure the safety of the theatre and its patrons by following and communicating proper work safety, especially emergency procedures
· Submit daily Front of House Report.
· Be available to patrons for customer service-related issues; return/make phone calls as necessary.
· Oversee and direct the cleaning of lobby and theatre areas after each show.
· Assist with the scheduling and staffing of ushers for Drury Lane Holiday events.
General Job Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to handle and respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests.
3. Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally Demonstrate the ability to be resourceful, innovative, committed and forward-thinking.
4. Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments.
5. Managing personal work flow effectively, completing tasks assigned accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Coming to work promptly and regularly.
7. Taking direction and working well with others.
8. Behaving professionally within the work environment.
9. Performing other tasks as assigned and working as part of a team.
1. Directing workflow of others.
2. Scheduling others to specific shifts and/or assigning their workload.
3. Training others in their department and troubleshooting their work.
4. Implementing theatre policies.
Experience and Knowledge Required
· 1-2 years Customer service experience
· Interest in theatre and musical theatre
· Ability to work afternoons and evenings Wednesday through Sunday
· Ability to work holidays-Required Holidays: Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Year’s Eve
· Ability to lift 50-70 lbs.
· First Aid/CPR Certificate
· Fully vaccinated and current boosters completed
· Must have reliable transportation as there is no public transportation to Drury Lane
Please submit all cover letters and resumes to: S.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com