Drury Lane Theatre
Position Designation: Contract
Position Reports To:
Immediate Supervisor: Technical Director
Direct Supervisor: Associate Production Manager
Position Purpose and Objectives
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Director, the Changeover Supervisor is responsible for working to assure that all scenery for Drury Lane productions is installed safely and efficiently to the standards of the theatre; ensure that all needs for changeover and technical rehearsals are ready prior to load in; and working professionally with all production departments.
Specific Job Responsibilities
1. Work with the Technical Director to understand scenery being loaded in, construction methods, rigging needs, goals of the daily schedule, and responsibilities assigned to this position.
2. Work with Technical Director in advance of changeover to secure and bring in all machinery and tools needed for this process.
3. Construct Scenery items as needed prior to load in, assure items are completed in time and on budget and arrive at theatre in working order.
4. Prepare all in-house provisions (masking, materials, tools, etc.) prior to load in and load them into the truck to take to theatre.
5. Lead crews in the strike, changeover, and notes sessions, assuring that all scenery is installed safely and efficiently.
General Job Responsibilities
1. Coming to work promptly and regularly.
2. Managing personal work flow effectively and completing assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally.
4. Taking direction and working well with others.
5. Behaving professionally within the work environment.
6. Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the workspace on a regular basis.
7. Performing other tasks as assigned and working as part of a team.
1. Directing workflow of others.
2. Scheduling others to specific shifts and/or assigning their workload.
3. Implementing theatre policies.
Direct Reports: DLP stage crew staff for strike and load in, Overhire Carpenters for strike, load in and notes calls
Contract Dates- 10/10/22 through 11/17/22
· 2 weeks prior to load-in to prep and familiarize with process
· Strike Night, Changeover/Load in week, Technical Rehearsal Week, Preview Week, Press week
· Total of 6 weeks-Hours total 260
· Contract Fee: $6,500-$7,400 dependent upon experience
Experience and Knowledge Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre or 4 years’ professional experience required.
· Effective communication skills (written, oral, and visual).
· Familiarity with all aspects of theatre (production, technical, and performance).
· Familiarity with modern construction practices, materials, and stage crafts including rigging, lighting, and stage carpentry required.
· Ability to safely and efficiently use power, pneumatic, and hand tools.
· Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs. repeatedly.
· Ability to work long hours and work on a flexible schedule.
· Must be comfortable with heights, including climbing ladders and operating lifts.
· Reliable transportation is required.
· Covid 19 vaccination and current booster required
Please email resume with two references to Brad Burkhalter at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com