Drury Lane Theatre
Drury Lane Theatre and Events
Drury Lane Theatre and Events provides exceptional experiences of celebration and human connection
provided by a team that is encouraged to grow personally and professionally through trust, empowerment
and possibility. Our mission is to welcome everyone into our home to create, connect, celebrate and share
valuable moments to last a lifetime. The Drury Lane legacy has established an environment where everyone is
respected, supported and welcomed to fully immerse themselves in a shared experience of creativity and
Drury Lane Theatre
Drury Lane Theatre provides top quality productions fueled by creativity, insight, and innovation. We offer
the opportunity to encounter contemporary works, embrace the power of traditional productions, and
explore boundaries of reimagined classics. Our mission is to provide the Chicagoland community with a
theatrical venue to experience the power of theatre, touching the hearts and the minds of our audiences.
We immerse and support our artists and audiences in the exploration of what it means to be human and to
experience the transcending power of the performing and visual arts.
We provide a home for our staff and artists, that embraces a broad definition of diversity, encompassing all
characteristics that make individuals and groups different from each other.
We encourage diversity in thought, ideas and perspectives and offer respect in words and actions for all. We
believe in the impartial and fair treatment of everyone, offering access, opportunity and advancement for
every individual, working to eliminate the barriers that have prevented full participation for all. We strive to
create an environment in which every individual or group is welcomed, respected, supported, valued and able
to fully experience and participate in this transformative art form.
Position Designation: part-time
Position Reports To: Wardrobe Supervisor
Position Purpose and Objectives
Under the general supervision of the Production Manager and direct supervision of the Wardrobe Supervisor,
the Dresser is responsible for assisting with wardrobe set-up, maintenance, and repair and with quick changes
for assigned tracks during Drury Lane productions. Duties include assisting with strike, changeover, and load
in of the production; creating and maintaining wardrobe show run paperwork; maintaining costumes and
dressing room space, and running assigned wardrobe tracks during the show for each production.
Specific Job Responsibilities
1. Steaming and pressing all costumes prior to dress rehearsals, previews, and performances.
2. Assisting with moving of all costumes from the shop to the dressing rooms.
3. Attending and executing a track for all dress rehearsals, previews, and performances.
4. Ensuring all assigned actors are dressed correctly prior to their entrance, whether helping them dress
or checking that they have dressed themselves correctly.
5. Assisting with completing all costume repairs before and during performances.
6. Assisting with all laundry needs, including washing all skins daily or per show and distributing dry
7. Assisting with the maintenance, steaming and pressing all costumes prior to dress rehearsals,
previews, and performances.
General Job Responsibilities
1. Coming to work promptly and regularly.
2. Managing personal work flow effectively.
3. Completing assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally.
5. Taking direction and working well with others.
6. Behaving professionally within the work environment.
7. Performing other tasks as assigned and working as part of a team.
Experience and Knowledge Required
• 1-2 years’ experience running a wardrobe track on large shows.
• Basic hand and machine sewing skills.
• Proven problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent people skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
• Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs. repeatedly.
• Ability to go up and down stairs repeatedly.
• Reliable transportation required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
communicate, converse with, and exchange information, use hands and fingers to grab and reach with hands
and arms, often required to walk, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, and often lift or move up to 40 pounds,
specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and
specific hearing ability.
Pay and Benefits:
Starting at $16.50/hour commensurate of experience
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Jenny Oz, Costume Shop Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drury Lane Theatre & Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jenny Oz, Costume Shop Manager at link listed above
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com