Drury Lane Theatre
Drury Lane Theatre and Events
Drury Lane provides exceptional experiences of celebration and human connection by a team that is encouraged to grow personally and professionally through trust, empowerment and possibility. Our mission is to welcome everyone into our home to create, connect, celebrate and share valuable moments to last a lifetime. The Drury Lane legacy creates an environment where everyone is respected, supported and welcomed to fully immerse themselves in a shared experience of creativity and celebration.
Drury Lane Theatre
Drury Lane Theatre provides top quality productions fueled by creativity, insight, and innovation. We offer the opportunity to encounter contemporary works, embrace the power of traditional productions, and explore boundaries of reimagined classics. Our mission is to provide the Chicagoland community with a theatrical venue to experience the power of theatre, touching the hearts and the minds of our audiences.
Drury Lane Theatre produces the highest quality theatrical experience that immerses and supports our artists and audiences in the exploration of what it means to be human and to experience the transcending power of the performing and visual arts.
We provide a home for our staff and artists that embraces a broad definition of diversity, encompassing all characteristics that make individuals and groups different from each other. We encourage diversity in thought, ideas and perspectives and offer respect in words and actions for all.
We believe in the impartial and fair treatment of everyone, offering access, opportunity and advancement for every individual, working to eliminate the barriers that have prevented full participation for all.
We strive to create environments in which every individual or group is welcomed, respected, supported, valued and able to fully experience and participate in this transformative art form.
Position Designation: Seasonal
Position Reports To:
Immediate Supervisor: Crew Deck Chief
Direct Supervisor: Technical Director
Drury Lane Theatre is seeking detail oriented, focused individuals to operate automation and manage the run crew for our upcoming production of A Christmas Carol. Tech for A Christmas Carol the Musical starts Monday, November 21st, 2022 and runs through Wednesday, November 23th, 2022. The show runs from November 25th thru December 30th, 2022.
Essential Knowledge Required
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership position in theater
· Must have working knowledge of Theatrical Carpentry
· Must not be afraid of heights
· Manage a crew of up to 6 people
· Be able to read Scene Shift Paperwork
· Familiarity with Creative Conner’s Spikemark software
Expectation of Position
· Be available for all of Tech, Requested rehearsals, and Performances
· See at least one Run Through Prior to Tech Week
· Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Availability for weekly maintenance calls
General Job Functions:
· Arrive to work promptly and regularly
· Work as part of a team
· Concentrate and perform accurately while working under the stress of deadlines
· Collaborate effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
· Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of guests and staff
· Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Present proof of eligibility to work in the United States
· Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster(s)
· Reliable transportation required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information, required to be in stationary seated position, use hands and fingers to grab and reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and specific hearing abilities
Pay and Benefits
$16.50 – $17 an hour, depending on experience
Drury Lane Theatre & Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume and 2 references to Brad Burkhalter, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org