Website Goodman Theatre
The Goodman Theatre is searching for an Assistant Carpenter to join our scene shop. The Assistant Carpenter will work collaboratively with the Technical Director and other scene shop members to construct, load-in, maintain and load-out scenery for the 8-show subscription season, including our annual production of A Christmas Carol, our annual New Stages Festival and more at the Goodman Theatre. This position can require some evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years professional theatre experience in scenery construction; scenic carpentry, finish carpentry, metal working, stage rigging, and automation/motion control
- Knowledge of theatrical procedures used in scenic construction
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Safely operate a forklift or safely drive a 24’ box truck is beneficial
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
This position is covered by our collective bargaining agreement with IATSE, Local 2. Goodman Theatre offers a benefits package including health, dental, and 401K with this position.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination and booster to be eligible for employment. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by using the provided link. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.