Website Goodman Theatre
The Development Events Coordinator (DEC) is responsible for coordinating a variety of fundraising/stewardship/cultivation events throughout the season. The DEC also partners with a Marketing department staff member to provide support for Goodman Theatre’s Scenemakers Board.
- The DEC is responsible for the efficient and successful execution of Development events and helps to ensure that they reflect the institution’s mission and standards of excellence.
- Serve as events liaison between Development and other departments.
- Maintain and update event databases and help create guest lists for targeted audiences.
- Prepare and submit design requests for event collateral material.
- Responsible for sending digital and/or printed event invitations.
- Track RSVPs and monitor attendance; and coordinate action items and follow-up.
- Coordinate logistics, event timelines and checklists.
- Process gifts, prepare acknowledgements and provide accurate donor lists for use in publications and on the Goodman website.
- Assist supervisor with theater and dinner seating.
- Responsible for final checks on the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards.
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events.
- Coordinate logistics for Development meetings (e.g. arrange catering, schedule room set up, AV checks, etc.).
- Maintain calendar for all Development events and meetings.
- Partner with a Marketing Department staff member to provide support for the Goodman Theatre Scenemakers Board (young professional auxiliary group). Meeting organization, fundraising and event coordination. Responsible for all gift processing and gift acknowledgements.
- Other Development support as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of event coordination experience
- Highly detail oriented and well-organized, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to execute good judgment
- Ability to work independently, to seek input and to take direction
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Familiarity of Basecamp, ArtsVision, Wordfly and Tessitura a plus
- Ability to work evening events
- Sensitivity to confidentiality
Goodman Theatre offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401K.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination and booster shots. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply using the provided link.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ikrut.com.