Website Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Finance Associate
REPORTS TO: Business Office Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
SALARY: $50,000 – $52,000
LOCATION: 170 N. Dearborn (Hybrid Eligible)
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—onstage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Finance Associate is a critical member of the Business Office. This position supports the theatre through payroll processing, accounts payable management, processing journal entries and overall communication with staff, leadership and artists.
- Administers and processes weekly and semi-monthly payroll, including labor allocations, training staff in system and coordinating payroll processing between Finance and Human Resources.
- Processes accounts payable, ensuring invoices are properly approved, coded, and entered into the accounting system. This includes fee payments for artists and designers.
- Responsible for account reconciliations including receivables, payables, fixed assets, and more.
- Maintains fixed assets system and additions.
- Maintains petty cash system and reconciliation.
- Assists with daily banking functions and submission of payments for approval.
- Supports Chief Financial Officer in special projects.
- Assists in the preparation of annual audit and year-end closures by preparing and maintaining schedules, assisting finance team, and preparing and distributing 1099s and W-2s.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience in accounting/payroll area.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines.
- Strong computer skills/experience including Microsoft Suites (Excel, Word, Teams), Payroll/HRIS management systems such as PeopleGuru, MIP, and Tessitura software a plus.
Goodman Theatre offers a benefits package including health, dental, and 401K with this position.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by selecting the "Apply for Job" button at the bottom of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.