Website Goodman Theatre
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
Requiring a patron focused individual who is able to handle several projects at once, this position manages the Goodman Theatre Box Office.
- Manages overall operations of Ticket Services Department including hiring, onboarding, payroll, training, scheduling, and evaluation of Ticket
- Services Representatives
- Work in close contact with Development, Artistic, Education, Marketing,
- Press, Production to ensure ticketing needs are met
- Represents Ticket Services at Interdepartmental Meetings.
- Manages Phone System and messaging
- Trains New Departmental Hires and Goodman Interns in Tessitura Database
- Point for all Third-Party Audience Marketing Platforms (Hot Tix, Goldstar, Today Tix, Theatre Development Fund) including listing performances and reconciling at the end of each month.
- Point for Ticket Donation Requests, including the creation of Ticket Vouchers and the management of DonationX.
- Assists in the building and proofing of memberships, performances, and promotional codes.
- Process all elements of member and single ticket transactions. Selling single tickets, memberships, and exchanges.
- Share responsibilities for managing Box Office operations during performances
- Handle cash, check, and credit card transactions. Maintain integrity of cash drawers each start of business day and handle nightly reconciliation of income/cash drawers
- Complete other duties as assigned in support of the Goodman Theatre Ticket Services Department to ensure quality constituent service
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 4+ years of Box Office management experience.
Previous experience with payroll management and scheduling desired.
Nights, Weekends and Holidays required.
Fluency in Tessitura Ticketing Software and Microsoft 365 a must
Exceptional customer service skills; a high degree of initiative and energy.
Team-player with superior organizational and communication skills
Goodman Theatre offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401K.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination and booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Please apply using the link below.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.