Website Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Events Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Events Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Salary, Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $40,000
LOCATION: Hybrid (170 N. Dearborn, Chicago, IL)
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
This position provides support to the Events Director and Events Manager to ensure that Goodman patrons and rental clients have superior experiences while working with the Goodman Theatre and our personnel. This position is the main public contact during performances and dedicated events or rentals. This is a Full-Time position with regular evening and some weekend hours.
- Provide event support for any Goodman rentals and internal events and spaces.
- Supervise the hourly front of house staff assigned to an event or operations during programmed performances.
- Learn and assist with basic Goodman Audio Visual components.
- Coordinate and supervise events including Opening Nights, Membership Breakfast, College Nights, Season Preview, Business Council, and other events and rentals throughout the season.
- Assist with Goodman linen, in-house inventory tracking and event setup/breakdown.
- Maintain and edit event logs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of guest related experience in a high-volume setting. Hospitality experience a plus.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, track, and follow up to ensure all tasks and duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including a mix of day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and self-starter
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Capable of moving, bending, picking up, items up to 20lbs
Goodman Theatre offers a benefits package including health, dental, and 401K with this position.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by selecting "Apply Online" at the top of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.