Website Goodman Theatre
- Observe the ongoing producing efforts of Goodman Theatre’s Artistic Department
- Assist with setting up auditions and observe the inner workings of the casting process
- Assist in special event planning, logistics and execution
- Conduct research for plays in production and under consideration, as well as for articles and program notes
- Assist with the solicitation, cataloging and evaluation of new manuscripts, as well as with correspondence to playwrights, agents, theaters and play development programs
- Serve as a production assistant for readings; assist casting and producing departments as needed
- Attend artistic staff meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent research, writing and proof-reading skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary theater, theater history and playwriting.
- Interest in pursuing a career in dramaturgy, playwriting, directing, and/or producing
- Must have excellent people skills.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and three references by using the provided link, and clicking the "Apply to this job" button. Applications without Cover Letters will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.