Website Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Dresser/Wig Runner
REPORTS TO: Wardrobe Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Temporary
DATES: 2/23/24 or 2/24 – 3/31/24
HOURLY RATE: $22-$25 per hour
LOCATION: 170. N Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 60601
The Goodman Theatre seeks a Dresser/Wig runner with some hair experience to join our team on our production of Penelopiad. The crew will work together with actors on all costume changes and maintaining the show.
This is a temporary hourly position. Housing and travel are not provided.
• Prep and preset costume pieces
• Assist some actors with hair styling most of which will consist in helping them braid their hair
• Assist actors with changes and costume handoffs
• Maintenance that could include costume and/ or wig maintenance
• Through the tech process develop and document the run track
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Working knowledge of backstage procedures and performance etiquette
• Wig and hair styling skills
• Organized and punctual
• Able to work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude in high pressure situations
• Model behavior and values consistent with Goodman’s Community Agreements and furthering Goodman’s IDEAA (inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism and access) goals.
Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics.
We at Goodman Theatre believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Dresser/Wig Runner- Penelopiad”. NO CALLS PLEASE.