Job Title: Marketing Manager Reports to: Director of Marketing Type of position: Full-time
Hybrid: 3 days in office, 2 remote
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Occasional weekends and evenings
The Marketing Manager is a full-time, hybrid position that will support the single ticket and subscription sales campaigns by managing various projects across multiple channels. This position is geared towards a mid-career generalist focusing on project management and team collaboration. A successful candidate will have a keen eye for copyediting and proofreading materials and enjoy copywriting for Harris Theater institutional and artistic programming writing projects.
In addition to promoting the Harris Theater Presents (HTP[CM1] ) series and working to advance the mission of the Harris Theater as Chicago’s home for music and dance, this position will [CM2] help provide marketing guidance to Resident and Visiting Companies. Keeping with [CM3] [CM4] the supportive, inclusive mission of the Harris Theater, applicants must possess a collaborative spirit to succeed in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
40% | Creative Project Management
- Project manage the execution of all print collateral, including direct mail, program books, and institutional print pieces.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, design, map, and finalize the overall HTP advertisement campaign strategy.
- Independently manage all advertising timelines and projects with design vendor once the full-season plan has been established.
- Working with HTP artist management, compile and organize artist assets and approved program copy, bios, images, and other materials in advance of each season.
- Serve as the primary contact for Resident Companies and Visiting Companies’ marketing needs, including the collection of assets ahead of each company’s public on-sale.
- Be the designated point of contact for marketing vendors, including design and print.
- Route materials including program books, direct mail pieces, and other assets for review, feedback, and design edits both internally and externally.
- Coordinate the creation and installation of on-site screen display slides, street pole banners, and season murals, working closely with the operations team, vendors, and marketing team.
- Serve as backup for Director of Marketing when they are taking PTO or when there are gaps in coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
25% | Copywriting and Copyediting
- Create written content for HTP print campaigns, in collaboration with Director of Marketing.
- Produce copy for paid advertising to support the goals of each event, with support from the Digital Content Coordinator.
- Copyedit all HTP marketing print and digital materials before print or publication.
- Review and approve marketing materials for Resident or Visiting Companies, adhering to Harris Theater branding and style guides.
25% | Email Marketing
- Share the responsibility of email campaigns with the Digital Content Coordinator for Harris Theater Presents, Resident Companies, and Visiting Companies. This includes the strategy, design, implementation, and scheduling of emails within our email platform (Wordfly).
- Assist the Director of Marketing with project management of performance reminders and post-performance surveys.
- Work with the Digital Content Coordinator to enhance and improve email communication through ongoing refinement of strategies and best practices.[CM5]
- Serve as backup for the Digital Content Coordinator when they are taking PTO, or when there are gaps in coverage due to other demands.
5% | Budget Management & Invoice Processing
- Submit all marketing invoices for vendors, projects, and licensing by their payment deadline.
- Update department expenses within the departmental budget tracker as invoices are fulfilled.
- Request setup for new vendors or update information for existing vendors as needed.
5% | Reporting & CRM Database Work
- Use Harris Theater’s CRM database (Tessitura) to export customer lists for direct mail, email, paid social, and trade list requests.
- Project manage marketing promotions, including creating the strategy and details of the offer for each promo code, and ensuring the Box Office Treasurer has all necessary information for setup in Tessitura.
- Run basic reporting in CRM database (Tessitura) on a promotion or program as requested.
- Document and/or track the success of audience segmentation across campaigns.
EXPECTATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As a member of the Harris Theater team, the Marketing Manager is expected to:
- Uphold the Harris Theater’s mission to be a home for music and dance, and embody organizational core values of artistic integrity, collaboration, belonging, respect, and resilience.
- Attend or be onsite for performances/events as required and assigned by Director of Marketing or VP of Marketing and Sales.
- Participate in organizational and regular team meetings, share ideas, and communicate openly with peers and your supervisor about questions, challenges, and successes.
- Maintain professional conduct and represent the Theater positively in all interactions with artists, renters, partner organizations, donors, vendors, volunteers, and patrons.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of experience or demonstrated work in marketing, communications, project management, copyediting, and/or a related field.
- Superior writing skills, including generating written content and closely proofing the work of others.
- A willingness to collaborate with colleagues, vendors, Resident Companies, and Visiting Companies.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, while maintaining focus on department goals.
Preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Wordfly and/or another email platform, a project management system such as Airtable, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Tessitura and/or other CRM software is highly preferred.
- Experience in the arts or another non-profit organization.
SALARY RANGE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
The salary range/hourly rate for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 plus benefits package. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Marketing Manager. No phone calls please.
The Harris Theater is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran, national origin, or disability status or any protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting email@example.com.
Resume and Cover Letter to Jobs@HarrisTheaterChicago.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org