Ticketing Services Representative
Department: Ticketing Services
Job Title: Ticketing Services Representative
Reports to: Box Office Treasurer
Type of Position: On-Site
The Ticketing Services Representative is a part-time, on-site position reporting to the Box Office Treasurer. Primary responsibilities include processing ticketing transactions quickly and accurately using Tessitura CRM software and fielding phone, email, and in-person patron inquiries. As the first point of contact for audiences, this role must provide exemplary customer service. The Harris Theater Box Office is open for phone support Monday to Friday 12:00pm-5:00pm and for walk-up support 1 hour before curtain to 30 minutes after a performance starts. A typical work week will be 15-25 hours. Evening and weekend availability required. The Harris Theater Box Office is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with the IATSE Treasurers and Ticket Sellers Union Local 750.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Handle ticket and subscription orders for Harris Theater, resident company, and rental performances
• Promptly respond to patron questions and concerns
• Provide will-call support on performance days, including greeting audience members, coordinating with Front of House team to troubleshoot seating issues, and cash handling
• Maintain ticket database with current information
• Send daily sales reports
• Assist in the maintenance of a clean and organized box office
• Other duties as assigned
Expectations and Experience
As a member of the Theater team, the Ticketing Services Representative is expected to:
• Uphold the Harris Theater’s mission to be a home for music and dance, and embody organizational core values of artistic integrity, collaboration, belonging, and respect
• Participate in regular team meetings, share ideas, and communicate openly with peers and supervisor about questions, challenges, and successes
• Maintain professional conduct and represent the Theater positively in all interactions with artists, partner organizations, donors, and patrons
The ideal candidate will have:
• Box office experience
• A friendly and confident demeanor
• The ability to stay calm and collected while problem-solving with a sense of urgency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Tessitura
• Familiarity with Ticketmaster’s TM1 Sales platform
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Range and Instructions to Apply
The rate for this position is $21.19 per hour. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Ticketing Services Representative Application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
The Harris Theater is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
As of August 16th, 2021, any new hire of the Harris Theater will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first date of employment. Employee will be required to complete a Harris Theater COVID-19 vaccination disclosure during the initial on-boarding with the Director of Human Resources. Medical and religious exemption form made available upon request.
View on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3177040261/
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Ticketing Services Representative Application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.