Website High Concept Labs
Embracing experimentation & discovery through artist residencies
The Marketing Manager is instrumental in connecting our organization and programs to artists and audiences who can benefit from our work. This position supports the planning, implementing, and monitoring of marketing and communications for High Concept Labs.
Through clear and compelling communications, this position is tasked with increasing audience engagement and raising the visibility of High Concept Labs (HCL) and the artists we support. In addition to promoting residencies and public programs, the Marketing Manager will promote various projects, initiatives, and fundraising campaigns. With guidance from the Managing Director, the Marketing Manager will maintain the organization’s website, produce email and mail campaigns, manage social media accounts, and distribute press releases, event listings, and artist calls.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing graphic assets for marketing purposes, and ensuring that all photos, videos, and graphics are properly credited throughout marketing and communications materials. This person will also assist with the administrative aspects of marketing, such as tracking and analyzing metrics.
Current organizational priorities that this position will support include 1) expanding audiences based in Chicago’s South and West sides, including artists, partners, and supporters and 2) the development of the HCL brand through establishing brand guidelines and resources.
This position requires strong attention to detail, organization, time management, and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with a broad variety of performance and multi-media art forms such as sound, dance, video, and/or new media, and will be able to cater marketing and communication plans to the individual needs of each artist and their artistic practice.
This position reports to the Managing Director, but is expected to work independently. The work of HCL staff is interdependent, and the Marketing Manager will work in cooperation with all staff, interns, as well as artists in residence and independent contractors.
- Develop, in collaboration with the HCL team, thoughtful marketing plans that best promote our programs, reach new audiences, and communicate our mission;
- Work closely with artists, partners, and funders to create communications plans for individual programs, events, and initiatives. Ensure that communications accurately represent artists, events, partnerships, and funder relationships;
- Manage social media accounts including content creation, scheduling, and communications with followers;
- Create and distribute email newsletters;
- Maintain an up-to-date mailing list and press list;
- Cross-promote events and calls through various external calendars and websites;
- Assist with the design of graphic assets and marketing collateral for online and print, such as promotional images, brochures, and event programs;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of media, along with credits and captions, for inclusion in marketing and communications materials;
- Track and analyze marketing metrics, and make strategic recommendations for HCL’s marketing operations; and;
- Support the development of brand guidelines and resources, and then utilize branding guidelines to increase the continuity of HCL’s voice and visual representation across all communication materials, including website, newsletters, printed materials, and social media.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of marketing experience;
- Experience managing and creating content for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok);
- Strong written and verbal communication, including copywriting skills;
- Excellent project management, deadline management, and attention to detail;
- Google Workspace, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Buffer, & Canva experience preferred;
- Basic graphic design skills preferred;
- Experience utilizing videos within social media and marketing efforts preferred;
- Familiarity with and appreciation for a broad variety of multi-media art is preferred.
- Collaborative working style with a blend of independent and interdependent work;
- Hybrid of in-person and remote work;
- All staff are encouraged to attend artist events whenever possible, and expected to contribute to various special projects and committees as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is $22 per hour. Benefits include paid holidays, paid personal time off, and a stipend to cover costs related to maintaining a home office.
Submit resume and a one-page cover letter or personal statement to email@example.com. Applications review will begin 6/5/23 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org