Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Digital Initiatives
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
As the Associate Director of Analytics at Lyric Opera, you will provide sales reporting from Tessitura, generate lists, perform list extractions and segmentations for marketing, schedule reports, and assist with post-performance survey reporting. Over the long term, you can learn and develop skills with additional tools, including Google Analytics and Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI, Sisense, and our CRM platform. As your skills develop, you will help plan and implement a more mature and robust data analytics practice at Lyric.
This is an opportunity for a savvy early or mid-career individual with at least a base level of analytics and reporting experience to learn on the job how to build a new analytics effort and to learn the basics of low- and no-code integrations on a variety of platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in alignment with Lyric’s mission and vision.
- Build lists for marketing, research, analysis, and other purposes; perform list extractions and segmentation.
- Assist with the import of outside lists and marketing demographic research.
- Build new reports in the ticketing analytics platform.
- Schedule advance reports.
- Responsible for building and maintaining dashboards used for tracking and measuring activity in earned, owned, and paid marketing channels, sales and contributed income, online audience growth and engagement, and a number of other institutional key metrics.
- Build and maintain Post-Performance Survey data gathering and sorting.
Ticketing Data Set Up and Management
- Assist with new Tessitura version upgrades, help with testing, and maintain a general awareness of data-related changes.
- Help troubleshoot Tessitura issues and inconsistencies in data setup.
- Append demographics data to reporting.
- Potential Future Efforts: Product Development, Implementation
- Assist with website analytics setup using Google suite of products, including Tag Manager and Google Analytics 4.
- Build connections between data sources (Google Analytics, Prospect2 CRM, Tessitura, Survey Monkey) and display and analysis tools (Google Data Studio, SuperMetrics, others).
- Assist with connection and data sharing between CRM and Tessitura.
- Potential Future Efforts: Reporting and Analysis
- Help translate business goals into qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Review analytics with Senior leadership, provide insights and develop the ability to make strategic sales and marketing recommendations based on an understanding of business over time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Commensurate work experience in the field of Analytics and Reporting.
- Previous experience in analytics and reporting is required, specifically in ticketing and the arts is ideal.
- Experience with Tessitura is ideal but not required. .
- Familiarity with the Google suite of analytics tools, including GA4 and GTM, is ideal but not required.
- Experience connecting platforms using low-code methodologies or the ability to learn.
- Aptitude for learning new reporting and analytics tools.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to articulate problems, needs, and solutions are essential.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers from various disciplines.
- Familiarity with music and/or opera is helpful but not required.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift about 35 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer with or without accommodations.
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Salary is $55,000-$62,000
Lyric Opera offers benefits including health, dental, vision, 403B (no company match), 401(k) with company match, PTO (including sick, vacation, and personal days, and holidays), life/AD&D coverage, opportunities for professional development, and complimentary tickets.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Apply at the link below.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.