Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Audience Services
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking, and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, company, and city.
We are searching for a Sales Manager for Customer Service and our Call Center. The ideal candidate will provide our patrons with a seamless, positive, warm customer service experience that consistently exceeds expectations. The Sales Manager will manage part-time and seasonal call center staff by providing leadership, training, motivation, and oversight. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for addressing the needs of Lyric’s patrons and assisting the Senior Director of Audience Services with any and all matters related to departmental operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise day-to-day operations of part-time staff.
· Coordinate monthly scheduling of Call Center staff and front-of-house Concierge staff.
· Coordinate with the Senior Director of Audience Services and act as a liaison between external venue partners to establish Lyric off-site event protocols, including staffing, front-of-house operations, and remote box office policies.
· Assess Lyric’s ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data, customer recommendations, and dictating appropriate solutions based on patron needs.
· Answer and direct audience inquiries by customer service best practices, and provide prompt, professional, and friendly responses to customer complaints.
· Provide a productive and safe environment where the Audience Services staff can work with maximum productivity.
· Assist with the printing of subscription tickets and daily single ticket batch prints.
· Assist with end-of-year ticketing donation statements.
· Assist the Senior Director of Audience Services with accurate monthly reporting, budgeting, and expense tracking for the Audience Services staff.
· Advice and assist with implementing, reporting, and generating events using the Tessitura ticketing system.
· Assist staff with patron-specific questions and general concerns and provide answers that align with Lyric’s high standard of patron experience.
· Organize and interpret phone reports to better establish current and future departmental staffing needs.
· Monitor the ongoing development of Audience Services Department policies and procedures.
· Process patron requests such as brochures, renewal notices, and general information inquiries.
· Review all ticketing and membership-related patron communications, providing edits on clarity and accuracy of ticketing information.
· Coordinate with the Senior Director of Audience Services and administer performance appraisals, coaching, and counseling as needed.
· Serve as a “power user” representative and liaison for CRM/Ticketing/Database software.
· Attend and participate in department planning meetings, including institutional strategy and seasonal programming.
· Assist in proofing emails and brochures.
· Advise and train all new part-time staff, including systems, processes, upselling, and customer service.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a high-volume customer service environment.
· Three years of experience in call center or box office management.
· Working knowledge of and comfort working with a ticketing-based CRM.
· Knowledge of Tessitura is a strong plus.
· Excellent customer service skills, including demonstrated listening skills to identify customers’ unique needs, interests, and concerns.
· Strong people management and training skills focused on team-building and nurturing staff development.
· The ability to problem-solve and effectively manage barriers to sales.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who works well in a larger team.
· A professional demeanor as a community representative of Lyric Opera.
· Ability to oversee evening or weekend functions or performances.
· Sitting for extended periods.
· Ability to operate office equipment as needed.
Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.