Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Development
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Manager, Board of Directors works alongside the Chair of the Board of Directors in collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer, Vice President of Principal Gifts, and the Vice President of Development. This position manages operations such as Board and Committee meeting coordination, maintenance of Board records, digital communications and manages the Chair’s calendar and correspondence. The Manager, Board of Directors manages and executes all aspects of five annual Board of Directors meetings and four Executive Committee meetings, and acts as the primary point of contact for all members of the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision as they relate to the activities and events of Lyric’s Board of Directors.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Board of Directors in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Act as a primary liaison to the Chair of the Board of Directors in collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer, Vice President of Principal Gifts, and the Vice President of Development.
- Support the Chair of the Board of Directors in all aspects of his/her/their role including transparent and proactive communication with the Chair about Lyric business, maintaining a complete and accurate schedule of Lyric activities for the Chair, and drafting speeches and correspondence.
- Manage and execute all aspects of five annual Board of Directors meetings, four Executive Committee meetings and Committee meetings including preparing agendas, securing relevant reports, collating and distributing materials, ensuring proper meeting notice, tracking attendance, recording of minutes, etc.
- In collaboration with the Office of the General Director and the Executive Leadership Team, develop and maintain the annual schedule of all the Board of Director committee meetings.
- Schedule, organize and execute all aspects of orientation sessions for new Board of Directors members.
- Serve as the point of contact for all members of the Board of Directors regarding performance tickets, questions about their philanthropy or gala attendance, Graham Room reservations, etc.
- As the business evolves, so may this role; these duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ experience in Development or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting an executive.
- A positive, “can do” approach to work.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and creative oral/written communication skills is essential; a high degree of initiative, confidence, and energy to set and achieve ambitious goals, meet deadlines, and stage multiple projects efficiently is also crucial, as is the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:Microsoft suite of products
- CRM expertise including the ability to generate lists (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Project Management
- Meeting planning and execution
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, propose solutions to challenges and think independently, and be a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Ability and flexibility to oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, to handle other office equipment, and to lift up to 30 pounds.
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Salary is $55,000-$65,000
Lyric Opera offers benefits including health, dental, vision, 403B (no company match), 401(k) with company match, PTO (including sick, vacation, and personal days, and holidays), life/AD&D coverage, opportunities for professional development, and complimentary tickets.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Apply at the link below
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.