Live and streamed theatre, entertainment, and arts education
Position: Box Office Associate, Audience Services Department
Position Status: Part-time permanent employee
Reports to: Audience Services Director
Pay Rate: $13/hour
Hours: Part-Time. Daytime/Evening/Weekends. Weekend availability is required. Flexible scheduling.
We recognize that cultural fit is important when searching for new opportunities. Our culture supports a collaborative and innovative approach to teamwork. We are constantly striving to better ourselves so that we can provide the best performing arts experience for our patrons and students. We are focused on bringing diversity, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our organization. If you are a dynamic, customer service-oriented individual with a growth mindset, you would be a great fit for our team.
Summary of Position
The ideal candidate is outgoing, organized and committed to excellent customer service. Associates will receive training in high level customer service and Box Office operations. Box Office associates are responsible for attending to patron needs at the Box Office, and ensuring a professional, efficient, and excellent patron experience.
● Assist patrons with ticket purchases in person and over the phone.
● Provide information about Metropolis and downtown Arlington Heights in person, over the phone, and via email.
● Knowledge and navigation of Arts-People functions: selling tickets, processing gift certificates, taking payments, creating reservations, making exchanges, selling/renewing subscriptions, etc.
● Maintaining the appearance of the Box Office, lobby, coat room and restrooms.
● Providing superb customer service to all patrons.
● Cash handling.
● Coordinating other duties as assigned by the Audience Services Director and Box Office Supervisor, along with other associates, to ensure that all projects are completed in a timely manner. These may include: processing donation letters, organizing mailings, opening/closing procedures, and/or cleaning lists provided by Supervisor/Director.
Key Skills and Experience
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Ability to collaborate, support and communicate with other Audience Services members
● Some prior experience with customer service-related work is preferred
To apply: Email your resume and a paragraph telling us about yourself.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org