Website Oak Park Festival Theatre
Oak Park Festival Theatre is seeking a Props Designer for its summer production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare, to be directed by Peter G Andersen.
Rehearsals begin June 16, 2023
Tech dates are July 3-11 (Dark on July 4)
Previews July 12-14
Opening July 15
Closing August 19
Strike August 20
- Attendance at all design and production meetings as well as designer runs
- Attendance for the duration of tech and previews
- Collaborating with the Creative Team to build a cohesive design under the direction of the Director
- Consulting as necessary with Director & Production Manager to ensure project is on budget and on time
- Organize rehearsal props as needed
- Coordinate the acquisition and return of rented and/or borrowed items
- Work within Equity Tier 1 rules, as necessary
OPFT is the Midwest’s oldest professional outdoor theatre company. Props may be exposed to elements and conditions different from traditional theatre settings. For the sake of the actors and the props, the Props Designer is expected to take these considerations into account when designing for the project.
Interested candidates should send a resume to Peter G Andersen, OPFT Artistic Director, along with any known conflicts that currently exist during the project timeline.
To apply for this job please visit oakparkfestival.com.