Website League of Chicago Theatres
Part-Time Ticketing Services Associate
League of Chicago Theatres
17 N. Wabash, Suite #520
Chicago, IL 60602
Salary: $17/hr-Part Time
Work Model: In office. This position will have shifting days, 20 – 30 hours per week. The schedule will include weekends. This position does require attendance at events.
Reports to: Director of Ticketing Services & Audience Development, Manager of Ticketing Services, and Ticketing Services Associates
Some of the role’s specific and essential tasks may include:
- Additional duties include customer service, group and individual sales, interacting with a large number of purchasers and members
- Cash deposits and reporting
- Provide professional, friendly, and helpful customer service for customers via phone, in person, and email communication
- Provide general day-to-day ticket operations support, including but not limited to order fulfillment and troubleshooting
- Work with the marketing and other departments on any ticket sales promotions for events
- Troubleshoot ticketing issues and inconsistencies in data setup
- Promote The League of Chicago Theatres at outdoor festivals, pop-up locations, and after hour events
- Review data analytics
- Update Hot Tix inventory and website data
Experience & Knowledge
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through < 3 years of work experience in ticketing services
Candidates should have demonstrated ability of:
- Experience with program development, preferably in an arts service environment.
- Passion for building the future of Chicago Theatre.
- Thorough understanding of the history, culture and current landscape of Chicago Theatre.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and WordPress.
- Familiarity with ticketing software – Ticketmaster (TMWin) and Spektrix experience is ideal.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Commitment to social justice and racial equity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, and partners.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development as well as team and self-evaluation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively in person and in writing with colleagues and external partners representing a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds (e.g. financial, legal, regulatory, design/construction, and property residents);
- Manage and effectively prioritize simultaneous and competing activities and demands
- Effectively track data in excel or other online platform
- Remain organized, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines, and
- Take initiative and exemplify motivation to work towards LOCT’s prescribed mission.
LOCT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 312-554-9804 or submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check.
LOCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org