Producing works that center on the queer experience.
PrideArts brings the British theatrical genre of panto to Chicago for the company’s holiday show – Jack Off The Beanstalk by Tom Whalley. Director Bryan McCaffrey is currently accepting resumes from MASTER ELECTRICIANS who are interested in bringing this hilarious (and very adult) retelling of the English fairy tale to life.
Jack and his mother, Dame Trott, live in a tiny cottage in the shadow of a terrible giant. With the rent overdue they have no choice but to sell their beloved bovine pal, Fist the Cow. And you know the rest of the story – magic beans, Green Cock —*ahem*, we mean Beanstalk – defeat the giant, rescue the princess, etc.
- Monday October 10 – first rehearsal, followed by the first production meeting.
- Saturday October 29 – second production meeting.
- Monday November 7 – theatre becomes available for load-in, build, hang/focus, etc.
- Monday November 21 – lighting complete.
- Thursday November 24 thru Saturday November 26 – Thanksgiving break
- Sunday November 27 – rehearsals resume
- Monday November 28 thru Wednesday November 30 – preview performances
- Thursday December 1 – open
- Sunday December 18 – close
The ME is expected to attend the first production meeting. From there, the schedule will be determined by the Lighting Designer. The ME will be “on call” for all previews and performances. ME must also be available for strike (date and time TBD).
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Panto ME" in the subject line of your email. Deadline for submission is Friday September 30.