Producing works that center on the queer experience.
PrideArts brings the British theatrical genre of panto to Chicago for the company’s holiday show – Jack Off The Beanstalk by Tom Whalley. Director Bryan McCaffrey is currently accepting resumes from SOUND DESIGNERS who are interested in bringing this hilarious (and very adult) retelling of the English fairy tale to life.
Jack and his mother, Dame Trott, live in a tiny cottage in the shadow of a terrible giant. With the rent overdue they have no choice but to sell their beloved bovine pal, Fist the Cow. And you know the rest of the story – magic beans, Green Cock —*ahem*, we mean Beanstalk – defeat the giant, rescue the princess, etc.
- Monday October 10 – first rehearsal, followed by the first production meeting.
- Saturday October 29 – second production meeting.
- Monday November 7 – theatre becomes available for load-in, build, hang/focus, etc.
- Sunday November 20 – final sound design due.
- Thursday November 24 thru Saturday November 26 – Thanksgiving break
- Sunday November 27 – rehearsals resume
- Monday November 28 thru Wednesday November 30 – preview performances
- Thursday December 1 – open
- Sunday December 18 – close
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Panto Sound" in the subject line of your email. Deadline for submission is Friday September 30.