Website Rhapsody Theater
Reporting to the Bar Manager, the Bartender is a member of the Front of House staff and shall work with the Lead Bartender, House Managers, Director of Operations, Spirit Guides, and other front-of-house staff as they relate to the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve and make alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a timely manner during performances and events (including third-party rentals).
- Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons, including maintenance and cleanliness of all bar areas (both front and back of house).
- Perform necessary opening and closing duties.
- Work closely with management to facilitate smooth patron experiences and on-time performances.
- Inform bar management staff of maintenance and inventory needs.
- Sell gift certificates, and the like.
- Quietly and efficiently perform table service during performances as needed.
- Process payments through Toast POS.
- Comply with all applicable food and beverage regulations.
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Most performances run Thursday through Saturday evenings, with matinee performances on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional performance times may be outside of these windows.
This position will work as scheduled, up to two hours prior to performance, through the performance and until the theater is cleared of audience or released by supervising management. The ideal candidate must be flexible and be able to adapt to changing circumstances of a varied schedule.
Excellent verbal and customer service skills required. Ability to multitask in high volume environments is strongly preferred. This position may be required to stand for multiple hours without sitting, balance concessions on a tray while in motion (including on stairs) and stationery, as well as being able to lift up-to 50 pounds unassisted. Familiarity with Toast POS is a plus. Prior craft cocktail experience is also a plus. BASSET and Food Handlers’ certifications are preferred – training will be provided to select candidates.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at Rhapsody Theater is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Rhapsody Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local EEO laws.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; and include BARTENDER in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com