Website Rhapsody Theater
Rhapsody Theater seeks a stage manager to join our team. Stage managers are primarily responsible for running playback of cues during performances, with minor setup and changeover duties as necessary.
- Run playback of audio, lighting, and video cues during rotating magic performances.
- Maintain and update prompt books, rehearsal reports, and performance reports.
- Facilitate communication between production and front of house during performances.
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive, and respectful working environment.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in stage management, preferably in a theater setting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by the performance schedule(s).
- No background or knowledge of magic is required.
- Ideal starting date on or by 20 November 2023
- Performances generally run Thursday-Saturday evenings, with matinees on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional performances may be added during heavier periods of demand, subject to scheduling availability with all team members.
- Typical call time is 90-120 minutes prior to stated performance start time.
- Current contact to run through early January 2024; with possibility to extend; pending interest and availability.
- Partial availability considered.
- Opportunities to learn additional skills in other departments (e.g. lighting console programming, Q-Lab programming, audio engineering, show control systems, etc.) available to those interested.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Stage Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com