Website Shedd Aquarium
The Aquatic Presentation Spot Operator is a key member of the Aquatic Presentation Team which produces live events for Shedd Aquarium patrons. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, spotlight maintenance, assist in other light fixture maintenance, keeping a log of equipment issues and resolutions, and following Covid-19 protocols. The Spot Operator will assist other members of the Aquatic Presentation Team if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission, and values.
- Collaborate with other Aquatic Presentation (AP) Team members, Design and Exhibit, Marine Mammals, and other stakeholders in the aquarium.
- Use a spotlight.
- Work as a team with another Spot Operator.
- Be familiar with spotlight troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
- Be familiar with Leko troubleshooting and fixture maintenance
- Be familiar with moving light troubleshooting.
- Know how to use tools for fixture maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist Production Manager and Video Switcher when needed.
- Research resolutions to hardware issues and work with Production Manager to find solutions.
- Assist with records and documentation
- Adhere to OSHA and ADA regulations and procedures as it relates to your position’s duties.
- Walk on a tension grid above the audience seating and pool habitat close to ceiling. ceiling.
- Climb ladders and rocky surfaces.
- Assist outside contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in theater and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working live shows strongly preferred.
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service.
- Work independently.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Use of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player, self-motivated and able to deal with ongoing multiple projects.
We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ community, veterans and active duty military, parents, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from all cultural backgrounds to apply. Shedd Aquarium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to select which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
Please apply online at the link below
To apply for this job please visit sheddaquarium.applicantstack.com.