Website The Greenhouse Theater Center
About The Greenhouse Theater Center
Founded in 2008, The Greenhouse Theater Center was the original home for the Body Politic Theater and Victory Gardens Theater. The Wendy and William Spatz Charitable Foundation purchased the theater building from Victory Gardens Theater with a promise to maintain the current function of the building as a multi-stage theater space.
The Greenhouse Theater Center is a five theater venue with a diverse variety of shows and events occupying each space. Our mission is to nurture small to mid-size theater companies toward continued growth and expression in an artists’ space at the heart of the Chicago theater community. As a non-for-profit organization, we are a small team working to maintain each theater as a space for diverse artistic voices while building lasting relationships with Chicago artists.
See more on The Greenhouse Theater Website
- Schedule and run all advancement meetings
- Maintain Advancement tracking sheet
- Serve as main liaison to producers regarding all production and technical facilities items
- Monitor and Maintain all calendars for 5 theater spaces, facilities, staff, and Second City Church conflicts.
- Monitor, organize, and see through all producer contracts
- Give tours of all 5 theater spaces
- Maintain all spaces and ensure they are properly prepared for all load-ins, load-outs, and one-night events
- Help mediate all producer conflicts
- Liaison with neighboring venues to maintain acceptable sound levels
- Maintain working knowledge of and occasionally use all in-house sound and lighting systems, projectors, auxiliary rental items, and power tools.
- Work with Facilities and Systems maintenance personnel to maintain all systems and overall building quality
- Inventory tracking of all cleaning and facilities materials
- Split theater upkeep and cleaning of common space duties with Facilities and Systems maintenance personnel
- Schedule and liaison with outside maintenance workers and inspectors
- 2 years of technical theater management, stage management, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Have or are pursuing a degree in technical theater, stage management, or equivalent in related field
- Ability to use Google Suite
- Familiarity with Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD. By extension, ability to read draftings
- Affinity for organization and anticipating production needs
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Applicants must demonstrate competence working in a diverse environment including staff and theater companies of various cultural and racial backgrounds
Please email a copy of your resume and a summary of why you are interested in this position to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org