Website The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
The Rep is the St. Louis region’s most honored live professional theatre company. Founded in 1966, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is a fully professional theatrical operation belonging to the League of Resident Theatres, The League of St. Louis Theatres and is a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Inc., the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR STATEMENT
The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to elevating and celebrating our shared humanity through transformational live theatre and programs that cultivate community. The Rep is going through a significant season of evolution. This is a moment of intentional internal evaluation, expansion and reinvestment in the creation, access, and impact of our work. We believe in dynamic, welcoming, bold, innovative art with exceptional production quality and craftsmanship. We believe diversity is a value in every sector of our theatre and center the idea of life-long learning off and on the stage. There has never been a better time to join The Rep family. We are looking for an Individual Giving Manager that embraces these values and seeks to be a thought-leading voice as we build strong, sustainable, equitable processes to support exceptional artistry. I believe in the fundamental power of our artform to transform lives and community. As Artistic Director, I welcome you to bring the whole of your ingenuity, your dreams, and your talents to the theatre. Let’s craft the future of the American Theatre together.
-Hana S. Sharif
MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Mission: The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis creates bridges between people in the St Louis region and beyond through expertly crafted theatrical experiences that are joyful, unique, inspiring, and thought-provoking.
Vision: The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis will be a welcoming home where a full spectrum of artists and audiences courageously engage with one another and expand their appreciation and understanding of the world.
Values: Collective Excellence, Equity and Anti-Racism, Resource Stewardship for Sustainability and Growth, Life-Long Learning
Working closely with the Director of Development as a member of the development team, the Individual Giving Manager works with executive staff, board and volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to The Rep’s annual giving programs. The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors
• Personally solicit leadership annual gifts of $1,000 – $10,000
• Serve as staff liaison to fundraising committees and board in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual gifts
• Manage Direct Mail and Telefund campaigns
• Coordinates production of all materials needed for solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of contributions. This includes brochures, letters, invitations, program articles, donor lists, etc.
• Plan and execute donor recognition and cultivation events, in conjunction with Special
• Assists the Director of Development with planned giving activities, including cultivation and solicitation of gifts and development of support materials
• Assists the Director of Development on the preparation and management of annual budget and fundraising plan
• Manage or assist with other development department projects and events as needed
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• An individual who is articulate, aggressive, creative, goal-oriented and self-motivated
• Development experience with a proven track record in cultivation and successful solicitation of individual gifts a must (3-5 years or more experience preferred)
• Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent supervisory, organizational and planning skills and attention to detail
• Track record of successfully working with Board members and volunteers
• Appreciation of the value of the arts in the community
Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting), resume, and three references to DevelopmentSearch@repstl.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted in Word or PDF format. Subject line should read: Last Name, First Name – Individual Giving Manager. New employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the first date of employment.
To apply for this job please visit RepSTL.org.