Website Theater Latet Da
Theater Latte Da is seeking exceptional candidates for the full-time, exempt position of Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maintain and grow our theater company’s contributed income. As a part of our nimble, dynamic organization you will report to and work in partnership with our Managing Director to develop and implement plans that have a substantial impact on our organization and community. The Director of Development acts as an advocate for the work of this theater, and as a representative of the company to key stakeholders. More than 1,200 individuals and over a dozen foundations/corporations donate annually to Theater Latté Da and give through our annual gala, generating approximately $1.5 million in contributed income.
Founded in 1998, Theater Latté Da (TLD) is celebrating our 26th year of presenting original and re-imagined musical theater. Theater Latté Da seeks to create new connections among story, music, artist, and audience by exploring and expanding the art of musical theater. We believe in work that is bold and collaborative; we act with integrity and gratitude. These values infuse all aspects of the organization and drive the discussion at every stage of decision-making.
Theater Latté Da believes in a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration. We are looking for a person who possesses the ability to fulfill the following roles and skills:
Areas of Responsibility and Key Duties:
- Develop and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy in support of Theater Latte Da’s strategic plan and short- and long-term goals.
- Create, drive, and execute the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, sponsors and grantors.
- Develop, drive, and implement Theater Latté Da’s annual fundraising efforts, including annual direct mail and digital campaigns, the annual report, and other donor communications.
- Lead planning and execution of annual fundraising and cultivation events in coordination with Senior Staff and the Board Gala Committee; serve as the key staff point person for all major fundraising and cultivation events, including the Annual Gala; act as the key point person for contracted event staff.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the Board Development Committee and work in tandem with the Development Chair to plan for monthly Development Committee meetings; engage Development Committee members and other board members in fundraising.
- Prepare monthly reports on Theater Latte Da’s development efforts and status for the executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Maintain tracking information on all gift activities that reflect progress toward goals and communicate regularly with the Managing Director about activities and support needs
- Manage and update donor activities by well-documented prospect management procedures and reporting in order demonstrate advancement of ongoing relationships
- Act as a conduit between donors/patrons and TLD staff and board members at all events including: annual gala, opening night parties, sneak peeks, and the season launch
- Prepare, monitor and manage the annual development budget.
- Represent the organization externally in collaboration with the Artistic Director and Managing Director.
- Collaborate as part of the staff leadership team on key organizational issues ranging from long-term strategy to day-to-day management and infrastructure needs.
- Ensure the timely and effective submission of grant applications and reports, with the support of a Contract Grantwriter as needed.
- Supervise Development Associate (80% development/20% access programs) in their work, which currently encompasses the following primary areas:
- Timely acknowledgment of individual contributions
- Maintenance of consistent and accurate donor records and reports
- Support for select areas of the annual Gala fundraiser
A successful Director of Development will possess the following abilities and skills:
- Emotionally Intelligent Relationship Builder: Communicate and work effectively with stakeholders of varying communication styles and backgrounds (e.g., communications, thinking, abilities, etc.). Build positive relationships with donors, patrons, board members, community stakeholders, and colleagues.
- Communications/Writing: Must demonstrate excellent reading, writing and speaking skills (English). Must also work successfully with a variety of individuals, maintaining a customer-centric focus, and absolute personal discretion of confidential data and documents.
- Intercultural Competence and Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA): Ability to work with individuals of varied styles, perspectives, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- Creativity: Possess excellent curiosity, creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Apply them in this role to help achieve the mission and strategies of the organization.
- Project Manager: The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently – while working collaboratively with staff, patrons, board members and others. Proven ability to successfully juggle varied priorities while maintaining detailed, timely records.
- Technology: Proven experience with CRM software (PatronManager/Leap preferred), Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Word and Excel), and Google Suite.
- Education and Experience: 5+ years nonprofit development experience or comparable experience, preferably in the performing arts.
- In addition to the skills listed above, it would also be helpful but not required to have knowledge about planned giving.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they fulfill an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend only to apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 SAFETY: All employees of Theater Latté Da are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and to have received any applicable boosters or vaccine updates. If the successful candidate is not currently fully vaccinated and boosted, they must be willing to receive a full course of vaccination prior to beginning employment. They are also expected to adhere to TLD COVID safety protocols, which may from time to time require wearing an N95, KN95 or equivalent face mask, COVID testing, and/or other measures. .
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: This position requires consistent weekday availability and some evening and weekend availability for events, meetings, conferences and other activities of the organization. Standard office hours are 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. Provided it is consistent with accomplishing their work, administrative staff may work a hybrid schedule, with the option of up to 2 days working remotely each week. While this practice emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic, hybrid work is expected to remain an option going forward, subject to the needs of each individual and their specific position. Work/life balance is a meaningful value at Theater Latté Da.
BENEFITS: Current benefits include employer-subsidized health and dental insurance, available vision insurance, 401K retirement plan with up to 2% employer match, 11 paid company holidays annually, paid time off, and complimentary tickets.
Theater Latté Da is committed to acknowledging, addressing, and dismantling practices which impede progress. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates and we welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or ancestry. Theater Latte Da is an equal opportunity employer, committed to telling diverse stories and to fostering an inclusive environment both onstage and off. EEO/W/M/Veteran Disability
Applications will be reviewed as received but must be submitted by Friday, March 8, 2024.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please email a resume and cover letter to application email address with Development Director in subject line.
To apply for this job please visit www.latteda.org.