Website timelinetheatre TimeLine Theatre Company
Exploring today through the lens of the past
TimeLine Theatre Company (Chicago, IL) is an award-winning, not-for-profit theatre company based in Chicago, dedicated to presenting stories that explore today’s social and political issues through the lens of the past. With over 60 awards for artistic excellence and business management, TimeLine is preparing for its next chapter with the establishment of a new home in Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood. We are committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse work environment where everyone can thrive.
We are seeking a highly skilled Director of Finance & Administration to join our senior staff and work closely with the Executive Director in managing, guiding, and shaping the execution of the day-to-day management of the organization. In this high-level leadership position, you will be responsible for managing and communicating the financial health of the organization, developing short-term and long-range strategic planning initiatives, and overseeing long-range budget planning and development. Administrative responsibilities include HR, IT, and facilities oversight.
- Play a leadership role in supporting the execution of the organization’s strategic goals in alignment with its core values.
- Serve as a representative of TimeLine in various industry and community spaces.
- Manage the organization’s finances, including budgeting, cash flow management, payroll administration, accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, recordkeeping, and financial reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for staff and board, and act as the strategic financial leader for decision-making at the staff and board level.
- Collaborate with committee chairs to serve as staff lead for the Finance and Campaign Finance board committees.
- Monitor and advise on cash flow, set up and maintain cash controls, and prepare current cash flow and forecasting reports.
- Develop and maintain an organizational accounting manual and advise on proper internal controls.
- Coordinate with external auditors for annual review, financial statement preparation, and tax return filing.
- Oversee all annual regulatory filings, state and local records, and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Manage insurance coverages, including acquisition, renewal, and claims processes.
- Maintain workers’ compensation and D&O insurance.
Operations and Facilities
- Oversee human resources by administering employee health insurance, benefits, orientation, and developing personnel policies and the employee handbook.
- Act as the organization’s safety officer.
- Serve as the primary liaison for facility-related issues.
- Manage information technology needs and coordinate external support as needed.
- Five years of experience as a Director of Finance or equivalent.
- A college degree in accounting or business finance, or equivalent experience required.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, strategic forecasting, planning, and overseeing the financial, accounting, compliance, and risk management aspects of a complex organization.
- Performing arts and/or non-profit finance experience and experience working with a board of directors are desirable, but candidates with equivalent experience in other settings (including for-profit) are encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, especially Excel. Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary range $65 – 70k
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Optional 403(b) retirement
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, personal, sick, maternity/paternity/adoption, and holiday); and professional development support.
- Collaborate with a talented and dedicated team in a supportive and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
TimeLine is committed to monitoring public health recommendations, as well as the best practices for wellness and safety of all of those we serve. If you have any questions regarding COVID safety plans or compliance, please do not hesitate to reach out. For more information on our public COVID safety protocols, you can visit timelinetheatre.com/health-and-safety
It is an essential practice of TimeLine Theatre Company to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, based upon personal capabilities and qualifications and without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, citizenship, disability, military status, creed, or any other trait or characteristic protected by law. TimeLine Theatre Company is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to policies and procedures relating to all terms and conditions of employment at TimeLine Theatre.
Please use Breezy HR to upload a full resume and cover letter. If you have any questions about this position or TimeLine, please contact us at HR@timelinetheatre.com. Please no calls.
The application is available through Breezy HR at the link below.
To apply for this job please visit timeline-theatre-company.breezy.hr.