A Red Orchid Theatre (AROT) is an ensemble of artists dedicated to the proliferation of live theatre in the modern world. We believe that theatre is the greatest sustenance for the human spirit and approach our work with a palpable sense of social compassion, aesthetic rigor, and honesty. By presenting new plays from all over the world and by reviving insightful works from the past that bear new relevance today, we aim to seek out and build new audiences for the modern stage.
This 3/4-time position will continue a multi-year, sustainable fundraising strategy to increase funding, maintain diverse revenue streams, and identify areas for possible growth. A Red Orchid Theatre’s Individual Giving Coordinator will work directly alongside its Managing Director and Artistic Director to sustain AROT’s role as a regional, national, and international leader in our medium.
This position focuses on several areas of Individual Giving, including Major Gifts, Annual Appeals, Special Events, and Board Engagement. The specific duties and responsibilities for this position fall into three major categories:
General Strategy and Relationship Building
- Expand upon existing fundraising strategies to support organizational and financial growth
- Under the guidance of executive staff, develop and execute specific work-plans to achieve A Red Orchid’s financial goals in the following areas:
- Fundraising Events (Cultivation/stewardship events, etc.)
- Individual Giving (Annual Appeal and Major Gifts)
- Board Engagement (encouraging Board members to donate and to cultivate donors within their personal networks)
- Utilize cultivation and stewardship strategies to increase current network (donors, subscribers, and ticket purchasers) engagement with and investment in A Red Orchid Theatre
- Build and maintain personal relationships with Board of Directors, Ensemble, volunteers, and current/potential funders
- Identify specific areas of need and design effective funding requests or special events for those projects
Implementation and Special Projects
- Execute all fundraising activities with the support of staff, Board of Directors, Associate Board and volunteers
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward current/potential individual donors
- Manage a segmented and mission-based Annual Fund campaign
- Ensure prompt and meaningful follow-up communication with all contributors (ex. Gift acknowledgments)
- Coordinate and manage all fundraising and donor cultivation/stewardship events, including invited rehearsals, post-show receptions, and donor appreciation events
Research and Data Management
- Assist in the updating, management, analysis, and utilization of the existing database as it pertains to individual donors
- Update and maintain Major Gift donor pipeline and associated profiles
- Research potential Board candidates and Major Gift prospects
- Maintain mail/email contact lists of donor network
- Track programs and pertinent budgets for donor-supported programming
- Work with executive staff and Board of Directors to determine priorities and support those efforts through fundraising initiatives as needed
Successful candidates will:
- Be positive-minded, team-oriented, diligent, organized, timely and detail driven
- Embrace and admire theatre and the arts’ capacity for inspiration and positive change
- Possess 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Remain committed to the values and mission of our organization
- Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office and data management systems
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
We highly value teamwork, real-time communication and collaboration. We are looking for someone to grow with us in a fun, engaging, and highly creative environment.
Salary and Benefits
This is a ¾-time position with a starting salary of $30,000 and benefits. The Individual Giving Coordinator can expect to work 30 hours per week. The range of benefits includes medical insurance, paid vacation time, and a flexible, hybrid schedule.
A Red Orchid Theatre is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
A Red Orchid Theatre defines equity, diversity, and inclusion as reaching beyond ourselves to create art that reflects society. As a company committed to honoring the human spirit, we feel it is crucial to practice what we preach about social compassion and honesty. We are committed to examining ourselves, our culture, and our policies and making anti-racism a central, core value.
Additionally, A Red Orchid Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AROT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Individual Giving Coordinator Application | [Your Name].
· Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
· 3 professional references with email and phone contact information
· 1-2 professional writing samples.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job please visit aredorchidtheatre.org.